• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White smear on laptop screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yoadknux

Hi guys,

I hope everyone are keeping safe in those troubling times.
On my laptop screen, for the last few months, I have had a weird, faded white smear with black lines inbetween. I have two of those - one is noticeable, the other not. Both can only be noticed in dark backgrounds, and it's not bright - kinda looks like dirt.
See attached images for illustration.

Overview:
aINM2Ta.jpg
Partial Zoom:
tGxZAnH.jpg
Focused Zoom on the main spot:
DwkGhJl.jpg

Anyone ever dealt with it? Not really a deal breaker, but is it possible to fix it on my own, or do I have to replace the entire screen?
Thanks!

That's very interesting. It's like the back lighting is bleeding through on two areas of the screen. Has it been subject to trauma?

Thanks for the comments guys.
First of all, my nephews always jump around my room when they visit, I wouldn't be surprised if they hit the laptop, causing this trauma.
I tried the pixel un-stucker for 10 minutes, didn't seem to do anything, but I'll leave it running for an hour and see. It was funny to watch regardless.
I think the "black" pixels work, because in a light background, the spots cannot be seen. It's only the white ones that are seen over dark backgrounds.
I wonder if it's a polarization thing, maybe the sheet itself was damaged. I'll try to grab a polarizer and check.

Back