• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why does powerdvd tell me to...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

download older ati drivers to play blu-ray discs over my hdmi cable?

"We recommend that you have graphics card drivers that support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) standard. Both of ATI Catalyst and nVidia ForceWare drivers can support Blu-ray Disc playback. Please make sure you download and install ATI Catalyst 7.12 and NVIDIA ForceWare 174.53 or later version. Please visit the home page of your graphics card manufacturer to download the most recent drivers."

I am going to guess that Cybelink do not keep up to date with all of ATI's driver updates and therefore only mention that one as the last one they are aware of.

Either that or they are telling you to get get that version OR a later version.

Either way I wouldn't pay it any mind.

I am going to guess that Cybelink do not keep up to date with all of ATI's driver updates and therefore only mention that one as the last one they are aware of.

Either that or they are telling you to get get that version OR a later version.

Either way I wouldn't pay it any mind.

yeah but i gotta run a vga cable to watch blu-ray

did you run the wdm driver also? I had a problem but after I installed it, I was fine

Back