• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is it troublesome to plug an RGB into a MOBO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those aren't the easiest to plug in for sure...:D
Well good thanks for the input...I have 4 (or 3) and could only get one to plug in...even my daughter who can see at the micron level could not plug it in...:(

I was hoping someone had a special trick....

I'm slightly bending RGB pins so they won't move. The RGB/ARGB connectors are a total fail. I have no idea how someone could design it this way.

Yes, they suck. The pins bed too easily and are impossible to line up. I have better luck with USB Type-A on the first try.

I wish they would put framing around it like they do other ports (think most USB 2.0 headers)... That would help with aligning them/preventing bends and getting it right the first time.

Yep they're garbo.

The easiest answer is to be part of the anti-RGB group! And save money doing so!

My trick is to not buy RGB. All those flashing lights distract me from my high speed super twitch gaming like solitaire.

I have RGB on the RAM & motherboard with my gamer, but my case looks like this...

earth_lights_lrg.jpg

So you can't see the lights inside. :rofl:

Back