• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will I be able to play HL2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
kimber said:
well i have never heard of xp "binding" itself with a processor nor do i know exactly what that means.but i do know i've done acouple cpu upgrades on xp systems and never ran into a problem.
as far as overcocking it appears according to your sig your already doing some tweaking. :) with the mobile you'd stick with your current buss speed(200) and just change the multi as you've already been doing with your current chip.so lets just say the new mobile tops out at 2.5g,you'd end up with a 12.5 multi on your 200 buss.
and yes,it will work fine in your current motherboard.

I think im going this route, may buy the mobile for old comp when I give it to my bro.. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=344184

pik4chu said:
I think im going this route, may buy the mobile for old comp when I give it to my bro.. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=344184

sounds pretty nice.i've been throwing around the idea of building an intel rig also.just so darn expensive.i haven't had an intel rig since my p3 700(@1050).it was the **** back in the day.i think i was one of the first few on the forums to break the gig mark back then.i remember tring everything to squeeze those last few mhz out to break a gig.hehe many moons ago.....

My brothers system

Barton 2500+
512mb pc2700
Ati9700pro
Abit NF7-S

On stock he can play HL2 @ 1024x768 with all game details to high and 2xAA 2xAF without any problems or lagg at all. I say ur perfectly fine. Its funny to see how powerfull the 9700pro still is, he is usingm y old system i upgraded from and the 9700pro is like 3 years old and it runs D3 and HL2 fine

Phoenix87 said:
I am able to run HL2 at max settings @ 1024x768 with 8X ansiotropic filtering. Although I only run in DX8.1.

Are you doing that on the card and the speeds it's at?

Back