• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 64 - new build - crash on startup !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poves

Registered
Hi guys , This is my first post , I knew this was the place to ask you see .
I've just done my first build and everything was fine for 3 days .
Today I got a black screen with the message " windows is loading files"
It was stuck like this for ages .
It then progressed to bsod .
I've narrowed it down to the ram , It will work with 2 x 4 gb geil 1600 black dragon in one channel , but with all 4 slots populated (4 x 4 gb ) It displays the aforementioned problem .
Any ideas ?? It's doing my head in now : ( .
Thanks in advance .
i5 3570k
gigabyte m3 sniper mobo
16 gb geil black dragon 1600 .
win 7 64 home premium .
corsair 750 psu
corsair h60 cooler
500 gb seagate hd .

Last edited:
I'm a bit of a novice to be fair , I put it all together ok , but I'm struggling now : (
Any advice on the voltage and timing would be more than welcome .
And the baffling thing is , it's been fine for 3 days with 16gb ram ???

ok I'm just getting the kids in bed then I'll sort it , thanks very much .

Not had chance to dl cpuz yet , but here is some info from the bios .
cpu vcore 1.090v
dynamic vcore +0.000v
imc 0.925
cpu vlt 1.075
dramvoltage ch a-b 1.500v

timings -
A
cas latency 9
trcd 9
trp 9
tras 28

B
cas latency 9
trcd 9
trp 9
tras 28

Could it be win 7 related ?
I've considered reinstalling ?

With all four modules installed, try enabling the XMP DDR3-1600 profile (normally Profile #1), and manually change CPU Vtt from 1.050V / 1.075V to 1.15V, and the DRAM voltage from Auto or 1.5V to 1.55V.

With all slots populated it just gets stuck in the loop of the black screen with scroll bar , bsod , and the windows repair programme : (

And it worked fine for 3 days before this problem started ?

You'll be making those changes I noted via the UEFI, and not by software from within the GUI. And irregardless of the fact that it worked fine for 3 days, there's obviously a problem somewhere. So start by making the above EUFI changes, then boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive to check the RAM for stability prior to attempting to boot into the OS again.

Ok , I tried with the above settings , and it's the same , it starts to boot up , I get the black screen with windows flashing logo for about 5 seconds , then it clicks , and goes to the repair or restart screen ??
Aaaaaargh .................

Last edited:
memtest showing no errors , just looked at the labels on the 4 sticks and the part no's are a digit apart on one set than the other.
Does this mean they were produced side by side , or are they a different batch ?

Back