• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 8 downgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashwin_natesan

Registered
Hi Guys/gurus,

i made an stupid error.... :mad: :mad:

I bought an laptop with windows 8 in it.. :bang head :bang head
but, since borderlands 2 is not working on it, i want to install windows 7.. :argue:

is there anyway i can downgrade from win 8 to win 7..??

help me out please.

:grouphug:

Just install Win7 like you would normally, by booting to the Win7 DVD, formatting the drive / partition, then performing a clean install. Or you could set up a dual-boot w/ Win8 and Win7 on separate partitions or drives.

you might run into issues booting off the CD due to UEFI secure boot ... go into the bios and turn off secure boot and turn on legacy boot

Other than that install win 7 like normal.

Doesn't always work but some programs can be run in compatibility mode by right clicking on installation .exe and program .exe after install:

So if a program does not work under Win8 but does under Win7, that is a problem, but otherwise, we can disable *everything* Win8 gives us and boot into Win7 looking desktop, complete with Start Menu where menu pop-up screens are disabled and where there is no operational disadvantage... plus we get to keep all the good stuff that Win8 may have underneath...

Attachments

• CompatibilityMode.png
    CompatibilityMode.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 88
Doesn't always work but some programs can be run in compatibility mode by right clicking on installation .exe and program .exe after install:

So if a program does not work under Win8 but does under Win7, that is a problem, but otherwise, we can disable *everything* Win8 gives us and boot into Win7 looking desktop, complete with Start Menu where menu pop-up screens are disabled and where there is no operational disadvantage... plus we get to keep all the good stuff that Win8 may have underneath...

I had borderlands 2 with win 8 a week ago , it didn't work with compatibility mode ...

you might run into issues booting off the CD due to UEFI secure boot ... go into the bios and turn off secure boot and turn on legacy boot

Other than that install win 7 like normal.

This is a very important step, as it was the main problem I had when I get my new build stuff months ago. Had the hardest time installing my OS >_>;

Back