• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Win7 and failed driver install for Network Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johnny5

If anyone has any idea how to fix this problem I'd be grateful, its been there since I built this computer.

The issue: I have an Asus x79 Deluxe motherboard that fails repeatedly to install the Atheros drivers for the Network Controller for the Bluetooth stack. I've tried installing them from both Windows Update, which fails with an error code of 0x800F0203 and off the Asus website. I'm completely clueless how to fix this and have not found any relevant solutions online.

All thoughts are welcome and thank you in advance.

Here is a photo of a failed attempt at direct installation as well as with windows update:

Attachments

• failed_install.png
    failed_install.png
    161 KB · Views: 43
Have you tried calling the manufacturer?

Asus has the worst customer service I have ever experienced and would prefer to keep that option as a last resort.

*edit:

I found the solution for this so I thought I'd add it if anyone else having this problem sees this. The problem is Asus's Wifi Agent software will not allow the drivers to update while installed. The solution is simple, just uninstall the Wifi Agent software, update the drivers and then reinstall and everything works.

Last edited:
Back