• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 BSOD After enabling RAID0 on AMD710 Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aznboy1993

This is my situation... I installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate yesterday on my main drive (OCZ Vertex 2 120GB; SATA0). There was another drive as well (OCZ Vertex 60GB; SATA1). I installed Windows using IDE mode for both drives. Windows installed perfectly and I installed all the drivers, did updates, etc. I then went about to doing the registry hack to change to AHCI mode, then rebooted and changed drives to AHCI mode. Everything worked smoothly.

Then this morning I installed two more drives (Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB; SATA2 and SATA3) and set SATA to RAID mode. I then made the RAID0 array accordingly. The AMD Option RAID controller recognized both RAID drives and SSDs after reboot BUT when I try to boot Windows off my main SSD it BSODs halfway through the booting process. I could not catch what it was saying b/c it was a fraction of a second.

What I want to know now is what caused this and how to fix it without reformatting if possible.

Thanks guys!
Aznboy

Yeah, first I would try breaking the raid and then perhaps checking if the boot order is correct? I'm not really sure since this is all too odd for me to even wrap around my head.

Back