• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 home premium x64 bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zacspawn

Dear Overclocker users my brother bought a Dell Inspiron Laptop a year ago, it came with the W7 HP x64 bit OS , office and all that staff and he likes playing World Of Warcraft so he installed it and he has been playing since then but almost a month ago his laptop begin to get realy slow and sometimes turned off by itself so i format it for him but we didnt have the original cd (only the original key sticker under the laptop) so i downloaded another W7 HP x64 and format it but the problem occured again 3 days ago and i dont know what to do. Pls help and thank u in advance.

DELL INSPIRON
processor: intel i3 m370 2.40 ghz
RAM: 4 gb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

1. Try using a generic Windows 7 x64 disk...might be less bloatware than the HP restore disk. Windows Update should automatically find most of the drivers, the ones it doesn't find you can grab off HPs website.

2. Download SeaTools for DOS from Seagate's website and run some HDD checks, could be a failing hard drive.

3. Monitor RAM, CPU, and GPU usage. If one of these is maxing out at 100%, he just needs a better computer and/or more RAM.

Back