• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 Ultimate 64bit RAM reading problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bandolero

Registered
Guys I'm confused right now and I need your help!
The operating system I'm running at is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
and I have 6 Gigs of RAM but for some reason my Windows is reading
only 4.5 Gigs of RAM althought Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit current address tables are set up to 192GB.
This is my RAM : Kingston 4GB DDR3 (667 MHz) and Transcend 2 GB DDR3 (667 MHz)

Upper RAM limits for the different editions of Windows 7:
* Starter: 8GB
* Home Basic: 8GB
* Home Premium: 16GB
* Professional: 192GB
* Enterprise: 192GB
* Ultimate: 192GB

How are the modules arranged in the DIMM slots, and what model board do you have? How much RAM is shown on the POST screen, and if available is the Memory Remapping option enabled in the BIOS? Also open the System Configuration utility (msconfig.exe), and make sure that under Boot Advanced Options "Maximum memory" is unchecked.

In the first slot is Transcend 2 GB DDR3 (667 MHz) and in the second is Kingston 4GB DDR3 (667 MHz). My motherboard is Asus P5G41T-M LX2/GB
and in the Boot Advanced Options "Maximum memory" is unchecked.:thup:As for the "Memory Remapping" option I'm not sure :shrug: because I never checked it.

That's a odd amount of ram to have showing. Does the board have onboard graphics? How much ram have you allocated to it?

That's a odd amount of ram to have showing. Does the board have onboard graphics? How much ram have you allocated to it?
I know that this whole situation is odd :screwy: thats why I need help from you guys:)
As for the onboard graphics yes I have it. Its a Intel G41 Express Chipset with
250 MB but I'm currently using AMD Radeon 6570 1GB DDR3 in my PCI/E slot.

I think I'd run mem86test on that RAM. Mixing RAMs shouldnt be a problem but they are also different brands. They may just not like to play nice together.

Z

Back