• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Adaptive Brighntess, WTH!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sevan P

Hey gang

So my last rig was on the exact same install disk as my new one now. Windows 10 pro 64bit. Did nothing different on the install. First thing I did was go into power setting and set it all up for max, nothing turns off nor sleeps. Adaptive brightness is off as well. Did a update on the graphics card and set a screen saver and now screen dims, but when i turn the rooms light on screen brightens. I have tried all the videos and tuts to get it off and still! I am at my wits end on this.

Old build
gigabyte board
amd hex core
gtx 760

New Build spec
MSI gaming pro carbon
i7 7820X
GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

all drivers are up to date, chipset, bios graphics and all small drivers as well audio etc. I even went in and disable the sensor monitoring. What do you think the issue could be? I have geforce experience installed but that should have nothing to do with it as i have it on all my work pc's.

My display is a samsung 40" seires 6 ultra 4k led tv, same as the old build.

Also getting a lot of flickering in on certain windows when moving the mouse.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Sevan

Last edited:
Is it possibble the TV itself is dimming etc in response to the lights on or off? Just a thought as most TV''s today have their own internal sensors. Maybe that setting has be reset or sometihng? Just a few guesses on my part here. Lastly, check the cabling etc. You never know when or if a cable will end up faulty.

Z

PS: Happy Holidays

Back