• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows 10 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BoundByBlood

Maybe Something Cool?
I apparently turned something off or changed a setting which altered my search bar.

It used to be when I clicked on the search bar a bing news feed would appear with the latest news articles. Now when I click on the search it's an ugly blank white page which simply says, "Search for: Apps, Settings, Files, Web". No more news feed from bing.com in the search bar.

I checked Microsoft Edge's advanced settings and bing is still the default search engine. In the search bar's settings Search Online and include Web Results is still turned on so I'm at a loss. I would like the news feed back.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I figured it out. Apparently with the newest Windows 10 Pro update it disables the popular news feed in the search bar. I guess too many people were bitching about it so microsoft went ahead and disabled it. What a shame because I genuinely liked it.

Although most people, myself included, do not like that feature, I always thought that people should be able to use features they liked.
All Microsoft had to do is not do things like that by default and simply have people like you ENABLE those features, and *nobody* would complain, because most really complain that features are set by default, not that they exist.

Are you sure what you want cannot be re-enabled? Or did you read somewhere that they actually completely threw out the feature you like?

Sorry man, completely missed your response.

Well, the interesting part is the Popular News is back...kind of. I gave Microsoft some feedback on it and it looks like they brought a part of it back. Still though, it's not as good as it was before it was taken away.

Here is what it used to look like:
Win10 Popular news.png

As you can see the news articles had picture thumbnails.

This is what it looks like now:
Win10 Search.jpg

Leave it to Microsoft to half *** something. They did bring it back, but it's still a blank white page. To be honest I'm not entirely sure if the feature was simply turned off or disabled at the OS level. If it was turned off I would love to know how to re-enable it back to its previous state with the thumbnails. There are three dots in the upper right hand corner of the popular news which lets you turn it on/off, but there isn't an option to bring the thumbnails back.

Back