• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Support Ends on October 14, 2025 !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Software that people use in their business and their personal lives (irreplaceable important software), does not run on phones.
So that's why phones or Linux is not a viable alternative to us. We are not in love with Microsoft, there is no alternative.

We can do with Windows 11 what we did with Windows 10, multi boot.
No reason to give up anything:

EasyBCD.png

It is easier to customize a machine you can build (!!) from scratch.
You can have multiple operating systems, Linux or Windows or other.
You choose the motherboard, amount of RAM, amount of internal storage, everything about it, cheap video card or expensive powerful graphics - you choose.

We will customize the Start Menu on Windows 11 just like we did on Windows 8 and 10.
Choice is important. Lack of choice is our enemy, not PC or phone.

And then? My Win 10 will stop to work or something? The games on it aswell?

Sure, my video/music-files do not worry at all... they can be run on any OS and machine the next thousand of years, but... my games always got certain issues as soon as the system is changing to much. I own games with a maximum age of 25 years, of course with a updated engine and whatelse, but ultimately every big OS change will put a new challenge on keeping games "able to become playable"... this is the sensitive part of all those never-ending and sometimes huge OS- and/or even driver and hardware-changes: Even 100 year is a big challenge.

In general, the new Win 11 OS looks terrible to me, because this is some sort of "Phone OS" and not a true PC OS. The entire start menü with the loved live-function. incl. the ability to group apps, was completly wiped from MS and now there is a much more reduced version of those "Apps"... i will call it app now because this looks like a Phone-OS to me with a simplified start-menü and rounded edges... so it will more easy fit a phone-screen, they all got rounded edges.

Once again, the same junk MS did with Windows 8 and we know what happened to the 8... it has been declined by the community. Win 10 was a big improvement and even better than Win 7 for the startmenü... and now... again... they are gonna screw it, im sad.

Why can`t they just make a true PC OS and for those loving it a Phone-OS... why to mix the stuff in a explicit way? This is simply not gonna work... a PC works different and got different needs... this is not a fake Phone-App OS with Android-functions, still.

I hope MS will face a fatal defeat... using this simplified "next gen kiddies OS", this is simply not the stuff a true gamer and Windows user need.

I mean, MS is now handling it more the way a Phone OS is handled and not like a Win OS... even calling it now "App" and the entire interface is made for touch-input... not using a mouse. I dunno why any true Windows user could be loving it... this is a phone OS, not a PC OS.

It the same MS was trying to achieve using Win 8, now they are going back the same way, but with some, in their mind, improvements. To me it looks even worse... i`m really disappointed... even frustraded the way this entire industry is heading. Dont`t we already have enough of portable systems and OS everywhere? Do we need such a PC-OS too?

So, Aero Peak removed, Grouping removed, all the functions great by using a mouse... simply wiped, and programs are now apps.... hard to believe they can screw it up so much.

NO, the system-demand of Windows 11 is NOT high, you only need either a Rasperry Pi or a Lumia-Portable... if your PC can`t handle it... sorry for your crappy PC.
https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-11-on-lumia-950-xl-raspberry-pi-4/

Who needs PCs anyway... this is outdated... we need phones, phone-games and a portable such a Lumia.:rolleyes:

The world is portable now... no one needs a datacenter or home PC, the world is free like a bird... with a walking system attached somewhere else.:bday:

And for every true gamer GPU you could buy 2 or even 3 of the best Smartphones... so this is clearly the new Smartphone-age, welcome!!

Gamer GPUs are for miners and scalpers... a Power-Phone with Win 11 is for gamers... in case you didn`t notice already. So, say goodbye to your PC...

Don't pass judgment yet. I'm sure there will be many changes to Windows 11 before it's released to the general public. And if you are like most people, you have probably complained about every new OS Microsoft has turned out until you got used to it. And you forgot you complained about it. And you can continue to use Windows 10 as long as you want. You just won't be getting any security updates or bug fixes after 10/14/25 and your browser updates will also cease within a year or so after that.

The world is portable now... no one needs a datacenter or home PC, the world is free like a bird... with a walking system attached somewhere else.:bday:

And for every true gamer GPU you could buy 2 or even 3 of the best Smartphones... so this is clearly the new Smartphone-age, welcome!!

Gamer GPUs are for miners and scalpers... a Power-Phone with Win 11 is for gamers... in case you didn`t notice already. So, say goodbye to your PC...

Uh, no.

Nobody does (effectively, at least) anything requiring precise locational input on anything without a mouse, whether gaming or not. They use a large screen with a mouse or trackball. Granted this could be a tablet casting the display to a TV with a Bluetooth mouse, but as soon as you start tethering yourself to that TV, you've effectively made yourself a desktop.
Nobody does development (i.e. an iDE and various tools with many open files) on the tiny screen of a tablet or phone. They use a full size desktop screen with a physical keyboard (and mouse).
Nobody who cares for audio quality uses Bluetooth to play back MP3 files from their phone on their stereo system. Tangent: Is "stereo system" still a valid name when it has got 5.1 (or more) speakers hooked up?

And then? My Win 10 will stop to work or something? The games on it aswell?

It will still keep on running after 2025. just wont receive updates anymore to run any of the newer stuff that might be out at that time maybe after 2026?

Sure, my video/music-files do not worry at all... they can be run on any OS and machine the next thousand of years, but... my games always got certain issues as soon as the system is changing to much. I own games with a maximum age of 25 years, of course with a updated engine and whatelse, but ultimately every big OS change will put a new challenge on keeping games "able to become playable"... this is the sensitive part of all those never-ending and sometimes huge OS- and/or even driver and hardware-changes: Even 100 year is a big challenge.

You got games that are about 25 years old...with updated engines? are you talking about re-masters?

In general, the new Win 11 OS looks terrible to me, because this is some sort of "Phone OS" and not a true PC OS. The entire start menü with the loved live-function. incl. the ability to group apps, was completly wiped from MS and now there is a much more reduced version of those "Apps"... i will call it app now because this looks like a Phone-OS to me with a simplified start-menü and rounded edges... so it will more easy fit a phone-screen, they all got rounded edges.

Once again, the same junk MS did with Windows 8 and we know what happened to the 8... it has been declined by the community. Win 10 was a big improvement and even better than Win 7 for the startmenü... and now... again... they are gonna screw it, im sad.

Why can`t they just make a true PC OS and for those loving it a Phone-OS... why to mix the stuff in a explicit way? This is simply not gonna work... a PC works different and got different needs... this is not a fake Phone-App OS with Android-functions, still.

I hope MS will face a fatal defeat... using this simplified "next gen kiddies OS", this is simply not the stuff a true gamer and Windows user need.

I mean, MS is now handling it more the way a Phone OS is handled and not like a Win OS... even calling it now "App" and the entire interface is made for touch-input... not using a mouse. I dunno why any true Windows user could be loving it... this is a phone OS, not a PC OS.

It the same MS was trying to achieve using Win 8, now they are going back the same way, but with some, in their mind, improvements. To me it looks even worse... i`m really disappointed... even frustraded the way this entire industry is heading. Dont`t we already have enough of portable systems and OS everywhere? Do we need such a PC-OS too?

So, Aero Peak removed, Grouping removed, all the functions great by using a mouse... simply wiped, and programs are now apps.... hard to believe they can screw it up so much.

I too also dislike the way Microsoft is treating windows right now. They seem to be targetting the mobile audience specifically instead of the whole audience.

NO, the system-demand of Windows 11 is NOT high, you only need either a Rasperry Pi or a Lumia-Portable... if your PC can`t handle it... sorry for your crappy PC.
https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-11-on-lumia-950-xl-raspberry-pi-4/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800x
MOBO: Crosshair VII
RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200
Storage: 256GB samsung EVO (OS) and a 4tb WD BLUE SSD
GFX Card: (ASUS ROG) AMD Radeon Vega64
Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow Edition
Cooler: H150i Pro
Fans: ALL Corsair HD120

If that's not at least midrange, if not high end, then I don't know what is.

Who needs PCs anyway... this is outdated... we need phones, phone-games and a portable such a Lumia.:rolleyes:

Are...you being sarcastic now?

I am probably going to sound mean here, but do you at least check over your post before* you ACTUALLY post it so it makes more sense?

EDIT: spell check. now im the hypocrite :(

Uh, no.

Nobody does (effectively, at least) anything requiring precise locational input on anything without a mouse, whether gaming or not.
Unable to follow... because the new OS is tuned in a way it will give the best experience possible without a mouse.
Uh, no.
They use a large screen with a mouse or trackball. Granted this could be a tablet casting the display to a TV with a Bluetooth mouse, but as soon as you start tethering yourself to that TV, you've effectively made yourself a desktop.
The Switch-way? MS seems to be impressed, well the sells is incredible and it can truly switch.
Uh, no.

Nobody does development (i.e. an iDE and various tools with many open files) on the tiny screen of a tablet or phone. They use a full size desktop screen with a physical keyboard (and mouse).
?
HOW MANY people are developers? So, should MS care in term quantity is the key.
Uh, no.
Nobody who cares for audio quality uses Bluetooth to play back MP3 files from their phone on their stereo system. Tangent: Is "stereo system" still a valid name when it has got 5.1 (or more) speakers hooked up?
How many people own a audiophile-grade sound device able to reproduce true sound and how many people only hear music using cheap MP3 and are using headphones, in comparison? Should MS care for minoritys?

(G{in}[AK)TION];8167135 said:
You got games that are about 25 years old...with updated engines? are you talking about re-masters?
Difficult to quote, you use it in a way it will not allow for it... editing my quote. Had to copy all over and make new shape.

Mainly i am talking about custom-game engines, for example the custom Baldurs Gate 1&2 Engine which is known as GemRB. https://gemrb.org/
Without this engine, i would be unable to run this game on a current OS. There are games without such a custom engine... then you may only have the option using a emulator.

A Remaster may or may not have a updated engine, it does not really matter because in many terms it is ported over from another system and the entire game is changed, not just the engine. Ultimately, even a remaster may someday be out of date but at the current time the remasters are not facing this issue.

It will still keep on running after 2025. just wont receive updates anymore to run any of the newer stuff that might be out at that time maybe after 2026?
And then im doomed because the new games will not properly work on this "outdated" OS anymore? So i have to switch to a bad interface and phone OS in order to play new Windows games? Why? They could update Win 10... without turning it to a phone-OS.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800x
MOBO: Crosshair VII
RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200
Storage: 256GB samsung EVO (OS) and a 4tb WD BLUE SSD
GFX Card: (ASUS ROG) AMD Radeon Vega64
Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow Edition
Cooler: H150i Pro
Fans: ALL Corsair HD120

If that's not at least midrange, if not high end, then I don't know what is.
In the term of Win 12 this is "low range" or "inproper range" because it lacks a function some portable devices already got, including the Rasperry. Performance means quality to you. To Win 12 the proper tech and portability is considered "quality", it seems. Some stuff can only be handled with some sarcasm.
Are...you being sarcastic now?
Yes. The context made it pretty clear.
I am probably going to sound mean here, but do you at least check over your post because you ACTUALLY post it so it makes more sense?
Sense can be meaningless inside a world where you actually have to search for a sense, and ultimately... everyone got a own term of "sense".

Under the present set of prerequisites, people using the AMD platform will need Zen+ or later. If you don't have a dedicated TPM 2 chip on the motherboard, in order to install Windows 11 you will need to go into bios and switch on "fTPM." On my ASRock B550M Pro 4 motherboard it's in the "CPU properties" under the "Advanced" tab. I confirmed this on my 3700x based system last night.

"While TPM 1.2 parts are discrete silicon components which are typically soldered on the motherboard, TPM 2.0 is available as a discrete (dTPM) silicon component in a single semiconductor package, an integrated component incorporated in one or more semiconductor packages - alongside other logic units in the same package(s) - and as a firmware (fTPM) based component running in a trusted execution environment (TEE) on a general purpose SoC." https://aps2.support.emea.dynabook.com/kb0/TSB8B03XO0000R01.htm

Back