• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Is Simply A Warmed Version Of VISTA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MS already said that. There's going to be refinements, but it'll basically be a nicer(I hope) Vista. I'm hoping I can get in on the beta, or something. I'd love to get Windows 7 free like I did Vista :^)

I dont recall people complaining that XP was just windows 2000 with a pretty GUI..

Although I do remember reading "I will never switch to XP.. .its suX0rs for gmaing!" lol
And all the driver issues and networking problems and so on and so on

"In the end, it looks like 7 is going to be more Windows dressing, little to no substance, and tidbits based on a malware-infested and rights-removing rotten core. MS can hold it's head high and proudly proclaim that it shamelessly copied Apple far quicker this time around. And for them, that is real progress."

Roflmao!! :thup:

I dont recall people complaining that XP was just windows 2000 with a pretty GUI..

I do, very well. I was on AMDZone and AMDMB most of the time. I remember the fischer price GUI comments, the attempts at using win2k drivers for it, everyone trying to kill extra processes, etc.

How would 1 get into the Windows 7 BETA program I've always wanted to at least test a BETA & help out with bug reports etc.

Maybe this time 3rd party vendors will have updated drivers / support for the re-release of Vista 2.0

Being a programmer for M$ and having to get 10,000+ applications and drivers to work must be fun. Then getting bashed for your 'terrible' OS because other programmers are lazy and don't update their software.

M$ is done being innovative and it will be their downfall.

I simply cannot wait for another OS to surface that just embarasses them and revolutionizes programming / computing. It's coming soon imo.

M$ is done being innovative and it will be their downfall.

I simply cannot wait for another OS to surface that just embarasses them and revolutionizes programming / computing. It's coming soon imo.

It's hard to be truly innovative when you *have* to support legacy apps to keep corporate users happy. I haven't seen much that's mind blowing from any O/S(MS, Apple, Linux) since the win 3.1 days. It's all been made incrementally better with each release. Some increments have been bigger than others, but nothing really huge.

I've liked every new MS O/S better than the previous version, and I expect to like Windows 7 better than Vista.

Btw, if you like innovative, check out MS's Surface computing project. It's not that practical for a typical home PC, but it has some pretty cool features.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/index.html

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/pos...es-spherical-but-probably-wont-go-global.html

I do, very well. I was on AMDZone and AMDMB most of the time. I remember the fischer price GUI comments, the attempts at using win2k drivers for it, everyone trying to kill extra processes, etc.

I do remember XP getting trashed when it came out. Gamers especially hated the number of processes running and said they would run win98 till the next OS came out LOL Know that you mention it "Fischer Price GUI" does trigger some memory of it, thanks.

But 8 years later, its "why switch to Vista."

I think most of the negative hype about Vista is more regurgitation of things people have read on the forums, as much as it is, far easier to attack something then support it.

I never understood why a community that is so willing to be on the cutting edge of hardware, out their in the pioneer land of driver support etc, would have any problems with doing the same with software. I know that hardware is far simpler then software for many of us, this is basically a HW forum after all. But technically software should be easier since it requires no expensive LN2 pots or brazing tools or anything expensive really. Just tweak it to your hearts content for free :)

I think it is good to see that peoples views of MS are changing and that they don't blindly accept new Microsoft offerings as the best. However Windows 7 is still in development so we should withhold judgment till it is officially released.

I think it is good to see that peoples views of MS are changing and that they don't blindly accept new Microsoft offerings as the best. However Windows 7 is still in development so we should withhold judgment till it is officially released.

Well that is the thing. there is no change in people's view. Its the same exact thing that has been going on for years.

What would be good to see is actually commentary on the good and bad by someone that actually understands software, not just some kid working for a forum/review site that gets a free copy for reviewing it.

Says when do people view MS's new offerings are always better anyways? Its been this way for years. Most people dislike change, especially after they get comfortable with it and if they had to pay for that upgrade. This is why people start complaining instead of actually trying a product. Now most people don't need the newest version all the time.

I personally like being on the edge, new one comes out i'll give it a whirl. Was like that from 95 to 98, and 98 at the time went to windows 2k. Then went to XP thanks to Bestbuy giving me a free copy before it was released. Went to Vista in the release candidate phase. Like to get into beta for Windows 7 but surely thats not going to happen this time. Need a stable system to live on :) Unless Im able to get a secondary rig up and running I'll have to wait for this one to come out and decide what exactly to do.

Back