• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows 7, reactivate OEM license. New motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

txus.palacios

So, yea, after my P67xt4 died and my MVG arrived, Windows 7 activation started whining because I replaced the motherboard.

What did you have to do to make Microsoft reactivate your license?

I read somewhere you had to call Redmond or send them a mail, but it seems they're asking for 60 EUR. A little bit pricey, if you ask me.

Any tips? I do not want to get my eye patched.

Last edited:
When it fails to activate, there should be a "call" option. From there, you just call the number they give you. Takes me less than 5 minutes each time and I never talk to someone.

if it asks you how many computers this has been installed on say 1 then they will give you the activation code

When they give you the activation code do they give you time to key it in or do you have to write it down?

Since you have to give them a code that is generated at the activation screen, you'd be typing it in as they give it to you. If that doesn't answer your question, I'm not sure what you are asking.

That answers most of my question. Do they give you a new key or do you just use the old one when you setup windows 7?

You enter your normal key. When you activate, it generates this huge string of numbers you have to give to their system. Once entered, it gives you a huge string of numbers to enter in.

Back