• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 8.1 install on a 3 tb drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nofear187

Registered
If i am installing windows 8.1 pro 64 bit on a 3 tb drive (TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB) is their any setting I needed to change in the m/b's bios to get it to see ALL of the 3 tb drive since its over 2 tb in size the m/n of the m/b is GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 thanks in advance

adam

:D

The 2 TB limit would be an issue if you were using Windows XP as part of your dual boot but not if you are using Windows Vista/7/8 which should have no problems with your 3TB drive.

EDIT for others reading this: Original Poster's motherboard supports UEFI, if your motherboard is an older BIOS motherboard, then this may not work for you.

Obligatory comment: SSDs are cheap and installing only your OS onto a small cheap SSD and everything else onto your 3TB drive will give you a significant performance increase you can actually feel and it would not cost much.

Last edited:
Back