• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Server 2008 R2 & P8H77-I Mobo, not playing well together.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Well, i gave up on getting Ubuntu to run how i wanted it on my server, so i switched to something im a little more familiar with. Windows Server 2008 r2. It installed ok, however i hit a wall already in that it didn't pick up the NIC drivers for my motherboard. I have tried using the Windows 7 drivers, but it says "Does not support this Operating System : WNT_6.1I_64"

Any ideas on where i can get the driver for this?

Its on an Asus P8H77-I motherboard. I need the driver for the onboard nic.

Thanks

I don't have a way to test this, but looking at the configuration file, it just looks at a list and that one isn't in there. Add this below the "Win7-64" entries.

Code:
WNT_6.1I_64 = Win7-64
If that doesn't work, don't bother with the tags and just install the driver manually through Device Manager. It looks to be located here:

Code:
..\RTL8111F_XPWin7_8_VER5796_VER765_VER87\Win7\WIN7\64

I don't have a way to test this, but looking at the configuration file, it just looks at a list and that one isn't in there. Add this below the "Win7-64" entries.

Code:
WNT_6.1I_64 = Win7-64
If that doesn't work, don't bother with the tags and just install the driver manually through Device Manager. It looks to be located here:

Code:
..\RTL8111F_XPWin7_8_VER5796_VER765_VER87\Win7\WIN7\64

2nd one worked. Weird it couldnt find it on its own. Thanks :) now i just need to install the rest of the drivers, but the NIC was the big one..

Thanks again.

Instead of having a single install, they have multiple installs with a wrapper that checks the Windows version. This runs the appropriate setup. Since your OS wasn't in its list, it exploded instead of doing something useful.

Glad you got it working. :thup:

Back