• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winter project all finished!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kwikgta

Hey gang, I just finished my new rustic computer desk and new pc: 8' long,1 3/4" butcher block finished in dark walnut with 3 coats of polyurethane. 2" square stock metal legs that were rusted then sprayed with clear laquer, the back boards were used to hide all the wiring and are made of pine fur strips finished in all the old stains that I had in my garage for the last 20 years, all mixed together.....lol. The Project AVP Computer: Thermaltake Core X5 case, AMD Ryzen 2700x eight core processor, Asrock Taichi 470 Ultimate motherboard, 16 gigs of DDR4 memory, Evga SuperNova 1000 watt power supply, Samsung 970 pro system main drive, 10 tb's of storage, MSI 2080 RTX graphics card, Windows 10 Professional 64 bit, 32" AOG curved panel gaming monitor, Thermaltake Led lighted gaming mouse pad, Logitech 5.1 surround sound, red led fans and lighting. Custom desk and pc built by Big Daddy!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Nice work! Love the honest simplicity. How high is the desktop? Did you not want a tray for your keyboard or is this strictly a gaming surface? I tossed both of my printers and now just own a scanner. Ink is not worth buying when laserjets are like $120. I just don't print enough to need one. Looks like you be needin a sound system though. I would think at 8' you could build a pc tray as well so it's not on top.

Nice work! Love the honest simplicity. How high is the desktop? Did you not want a tray for your keyboard or is this strictly a gaming surface? I tossed both of my printers and now just own a scanner. Ink is not worth buying when laserjets are like $120. I just don't print enough to need one. Looks like you be needin a sound system though. I would think at 8' you could build a pc tray as well so it's not on top.
Thanks for the compliment. It's 30" high and used for surfing/gaming. I have a good sound system already.

OK thanks. My kb sits at ~25'' and the desk at ~29.5''. My desk is pretty sweet itself. The legs fold in and the top folds down (after removing kb tray) and I can carry it with one arm. It's just big enough to get some work done but I love it.

Back