• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP to Win2k Networking Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

I have Comcast cable with the 3mbps down deal. My brother is home from college and wants me to network the 2 computers via wireless (have a linksys setup from Sam's club.) I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help me with.

- Will I be able to set it so that each computer has the ability to use the full 3mbps unless the other computer is using it?

- I am using Zone Alarm Pro and Vexira Antivirus on my WinXP computer. Since the Win2k computer is not connecting thru me to the Internet, his computer will need protection of some sort also right?

Thx for the help

Question 1: It should do that automatically. Both should get the full amount of bandwidth available to them. I don't know how it'll figure out load sharing, but if one computer isn't using any bandwidth, the other should be using all of it.

Question 2: It would be good for him to have some kind of protection, yes.

Back