• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(wired) Researchers Expose Cunning Online Tracking Service That Can’t Be Dodged

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From what I can tell, it uses Javascript to save the file. So, if you are running NoScript, you are fine.

Either way, this is really bad.

That's just how it is.... THe fact that they are pushing do not track is only because they have created ways such as this to get around it. Theres money to be made here so this sort of thing won't go away. This is why I don't use google chrome...

They keep doing more and more things on many web sites.
IMO it is thier freedom to do that, on thier web site, they can even have a tou for the web site that says "dont like it , stay out!"
I am willing to accept that thier freedom exists, on the web, that it is thier site and i am visitor/

so i just keep ramping up the blocking , and stopping.
IF that means thier site is no longer even viewable , then to heck with them.
that is the next evolution of thie stuff, We either get what we want from you, or You dont get what you came there for.
Then we say Good By to them, there is 200 more sites that are just starting out that would prefer that i show up.

If somehow everyone would apply the same Your Freedom , my computer , methodology, they might start removing the junk themselves to get users back.
an empty site , doesnt make money, they know that.

Last edited:
Back