• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless N Router / Repeater

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

Would like to get some input on a wireless N router that can be used as a repeater. needs to be reliable and cheap :D read good and bad reviews for N repeaters so was curious to
what your experience has been

flashing to ddwrt is always welcome

I use a D-Link DAP-1522 at home and it is very reliable, fast and has good range. Can be used as a bridge or access point and is dual band. I'm sure there are a ton of other valid options but this is just one I have expirence with... FYI my DAP-1522 is connected to a D-Link DGL-4100 router...

was repeater mode easy to setup ? and no drop issues ?

hearing N doesnt play nice but not sure if thats on certain chip issues (broadcom, atheros, etc..)

most interested in keeping N functionality and ease of setup .. id be willing to sacrifice few extra bucks for that :)

I have mine set up as an acess point... not sure... could always buy two and be garunteed compatability but I'm sure you will be ok :)

Back