• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wizard softmod for 9500...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Quest is right...do to the money hungry industry and them trying to make things cheaper...the 9500np (red with L memory) was created on the same board that the 9700 and 9700pro's were. This led a few individuals to find out how to mod this into the 9700. Now we know...now we mod :)

My 9500np is about 50points off a 9700pro with the mod...and i haven't pushed it to it's o/c limits...not till i get my GIANT II to kewl it. So I can tell you now, both boards are built the same.

Banyan said:

that is not true regarding the 9500np.

It is true

Sapphire ATI OEM RADEON 9500 128MB DDR BULK
Specifications:
Chipset: ATI RADEON 9500
Memory:128MB 128-bit DDR memory
Supports the new AGP 8X standard (2.0 GB/sec)
Unique VIDEOSHADER™ engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals
ATI's latest FULLSTREAM™ technology removes blocky artifacts from streaming Internet video and provides sharper image quality
SMARTSHADER™ 2.0 technology allows users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications

here

and saphire's own website

This is not true.

you guys are right, i was wrong. why do they not specify that those cards are 256 bit? anyways, i'm new to the ati arena, so i didn't know it was covered extensively.

thanks for all the help guys... just too bad the card was artifacting. i thought the card wasn't reverting back to stock since it kept appearing as 256 bit in rivatuner. oh well, thanks again everyone. :)

Back