• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woe is me!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

themiz4jc

Registered
Hey all! I'm on my AMD650 :attn: right now trying to figure out how to get my full time rig to boot up.

When I hit the power up switch all it will do is flicker. That is my fans all start but quit right away. My mobo light stays on...but that it is it.

Brand new Thermaltake 560W psu
asus p4p800dlx
2.4C
1gb adata hyper ram
cd burner
dvd
80gb wd/hd
9700pro
sb audigy game

Any ideas. I just replaced a dead psu today. Wonder if it took out my other goodies... :drool:

I don't know a ton about intel's, but this sounds a lot like the problem I had when my XP1800+ turned out to be fried. If you have an extra chip try that, because that seems to be a likely cause. Other than that, possibly the mobo or ram, but most likely the CPU

Crap. I was afraid of that. :argue: :mad:
I'm inclined to think something got toasted. I'm going to try and reset everything. and pray...

yea thats gotta suck. what are you going to replace it with? are you gonna go for better?

I was just looking at the IC7-max3. and a 3.0C. Sucks because that could've been spent on a new ati plat card when they hit the shelves.

Back