• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wood Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is pretty neat. I too am working on a wooden case. I just need my own custom size since these normal cases just never work out for me. I see you used plywood/particle board.

How is that holding up?

I'm thinking of going 3/4" MDF.

I have not decided on if I should put a widow or not. I also was thinking of on the bar spots of wood on the inside (assume I put a window or not) To take this old bathroom mirror i have (its huge like 3 feet by 4 feet) and cut it into peices and put it over the bare spots so all the led's reflect :D.

I was thinking "That's kinda ugly..." then you painted it... WOW! That's turned out pretty sick! The textured paint look is lovely! Just make sure it doesn't catch on fire :p Is the paint fire resistant or anything special?

That looks brilliant. Love the paint, everything's sitting nicely, hell, get some watercooling in there with red coolant and you'll have even more of a kickass setup. Great job Gros.

Hi guys, Little Update
For the People that are saying wood absorb heat and etc... this is a myth! For me.
After 1hours of occt temps are way lower than in my old case.
Before
OCCTEMPSLARGEDATA.jpg
Now
Capture.jpg
Only diff is that the 80mm is not pointed at the cpu but at the GPU (in my wood case)

Dude this is awsome lol, you should paint it or something , or even better, shape it like a branded case such as an antec 900 lol. I saw one guy that made one out of lego :)

You really otta repaint it again this time with real paint, start with primer (white) then paint over it by hand with the other colors.

I dunno. I like it like this. if u ship me the paint ill do it but i dont really want to put more money on this :) I could maybe toss up 20$ if that cost around this but Last time i painted in my **work station that is my house and it was smelling pretty ... and its winter outside so i can't paint there :(

Ok!! lololll this is the best one i'ved seen so far bud ;) Obviously with Aspenite you won't get any moisture problem!:salute:
Good job tho! But i think you should have taken Merantic instead! Plywood would have been a bit easier for you to work with. Hey no offense, i'm a master cabinet maker:rolleyes:

Nice work so far Gros! :clap:

Ok!! lololll this is the best one i'ved seen so far bud ;) Obviously with Aspenite you won't get any moisture problem!:salute:
Good job tho! But i think you should have taken Merantic instead! Plywood would have been a bit easier for you to work with. Hey no offense, i'm a master cabinet maker:rolleyes:

I don't mean to hijack or anything, but I think you should check out this thread Custom wood case made by Voigts.. the craftsmanship is stunning. :drool:

His original thread is here but is like 18 pages long, I think the first link is the consolidation of pictures.

Enjoy and hope it gives ya some new ideas. :D

I don't mean change the colors the color shceme is awesome its just that spray paint is really hard to get to work right with wood, and since its plywood the chippy look sticks out a lot. I mean if you are ok with it awesome that's all that matters :) if it were me I'd probally sand it down to a bit smoother finish, then primer paint.

Nice, I just finished 90% of my case last night. I have to fill in some cracks/chips with filler, sand it down, then stain the wood. Came together pretty good, and has even more room that I thought I had. Which is a bonus.

+_+ O_O I need new thermal paste i want to put my atm gear in there and try watercooling since my mobo is dead and i never tested my brand new phenom II 955 :( :(
grrr... I need to go to the computer shop and buy no name TIM LOL...

Back