• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot! My new NF7-S system is in the pipeline

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I just finished my order at ExcaliberPC

ABIT Airflow Ultra Pack (2xAUA24+1xAUF18)
ABIT NF7-S V2.0 Motherboard
ABIT nForce2 BIOS (Deluxe) Survival Kit for NF7 v2.0 Series
AMD Athlon XP1700+ 1.47GHZ 384K 266 Tbred (TRAY)(JIUHB:0310XPMW)
Leadtek WinFast A170TH (GeForce4 MX420) 64MB SDRM/TV - OEM
Samsung 16x SD616 DVD-ROM (OEM)
Samsung PC3200 400Mhz DDR 512M 64X64
SONY 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Drive (OEM)
VANTEC VA4-C7040 CPU Cooler for Socket A/370A

All for only $415 shipped :clap:

Plus what I already have laying around:

My steel case with 10 blow holes from ebay
Power-win 450w PS.
WD 80Gb SE.
Keyboard & optical wheel mouse.
15" CRT monitor. :p

I'll start upgrading the rest as I get the cash. Starting with the graphics card and monitor.

I'm sure glad I didn't settle for that $62 combo mobo I was looking at. :D

nice man.....I think you will love that board:D and for that much money thats a great setup:D

LOL Good luck with it. I have had nothing but problems. I played with the raid for 2 days and just determined it's crap. Even running one drive with the serial conections I get wierd disk checks now and then. Now I can't even run the FSB as high as I could on my KX7-333R. I debating on whether to send it back and get an Asus.

well if thats a rev2 its supposedly 200fsb guarenteed.thats an rma issue if im correct.
also every mobo handles ram differant.
i think you may have just got a bum mobo and id highley suggest trying another nf7-s instead of asus as i hated the a7n8x myself.

I'm averaging about one FAH workunit per week on my PPro200 duallie. This new box should do ten times that.

Back