• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Workin' the old girls out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
HA! Made ya look! :ROFLMAO: Get your mind out da gutta! :rofl: Oh man, I can't stand it! Anyways it's been months since I fired up the ladies for some nice powered tunes. So, without further adoo:

The Madame: Carver MXR 2000 with a full recap

The Twins: Polk M10B modded with X-overs from SDA-2B's

The TT is a Scott PS 68A just for shizz. Not the best, but not the worse.

tunes.jpg

Nice setup
Thx. I have others in 2 different storage racks in the bedroom. I like to swap out so i can give each one a proper workout. The Carver was up in the rotation. next up will be a Fisher BA-6000 power amp with an Adcom GTP-450 Preamp and an Audio Source EQ Eight/Series II and a pair of Mission M71's which is in the kitchen. A few I've done full recaps, partials, and a few still all original which sound incredible.

you ever see the speaker projects on www.partsexpress.com or on diyaudio.com? if you feel like you want a project, look for the LM3886 projects like this one.

Thx. I have others in 2 different storage racks in the bedroom. I like to swap out so i can give each one a proper workout. The Carver was up in the rotation. next up will be a Fisher BA-6000 power amp with an Adcom GTP-450 Preamp and an Audio Source EQ Eight/Series II and a pair of Mission M71's which is in the kitchen. A few I've done full recaps, partials, and a few still all original which sound incredible.
I have one setup in the shop with a turn table, and my main setup has one turntable for LP and the other for 45 and 78, dual needle.

Last edited:
you ever see the speaker projects on www.partsexpress.com or on diyaudio.com? if you feel like you want a project, look for the LM3886 projects like this one.
Yeah I ordered parts from updatemydynaco.com to repair and recap a few of my Dynaco amps and preamps. I did a small kit from partsexpress for a usb/micro sd card reader so I can play MP3 tunes to test my repairs.
Post magically merged:

I have one setup in the shop with a turn table, and my main setup has one turntable for LP and the other for 45 and 78, dual needle.
Nice! I have a few turntables, cassette decks and CD players I use from time to time. I used to have a reel to reel also, but I gave that up since I rarely used it.
Post magically merged:

Here ya goes. Everything in both racks have been gone through/recapped rebuilt and play like new.

Attachments

• MS1.jpg
    MS1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 9
  • MS2.jpg
    MS2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Yeah I ordered parts from updatemydynaco.com to repair and recap a few of my Dynaco amps and preamps. I did a small kit from partsexpress for a usb/micro sd card reader so I can play MP3 tunes to test my repairs.
Post magically merged:

Nice! I have a few turntables, cassette decks and CD players I use from time to time. I used to have a reel to reel also, but I gave that up since I rarely used it.
I threw out the old reel to reel stuff years ago... I think.

I had a set of EPI speakers that I acquired in the '80s, the cones dry-rotted three years ago so they went to the curb. From what I remember they sound great.
Sorry for responding to an old thread, I noticed it when reading a new reply to "old man stuff".

Right now working the Boston T830's out with the Fisher BA-6000 Amp, Adcom GTP-450 preamp. Kranking out Chicago's Greatest Hits :cool:

Back