• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worst temps in new AIO x62 280mm vs older water extreme 240 mm..why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evassion

I am having worst temps in a I7700k@5ghz 1.30 volts between:

->KRAKEN X62 280 mm radiator -> 100% pump, 2 noctua fans PWM 14 IPCC 3000 INDUSTRIAL TO 100%. TEMPS:Idle 27 benching around 65.

->Waterextreme 3.0 120 mm radiator -> 100% pump, gentle thypoon 100%. Temps: Idle 25 benching max core 50 celsius degrees.

Other details:
Both push config TOP.
Case: Corsair Carbridge air 540
GPU 1080 ti FE sending air out the case
Thermal compound Gelid Extreme in both cases.

Reinstalled the x62 two times and same temps...

AIO coolers aren't the best watercooling setups for that purpose. They're just as good as the premium air coolers give or take a few degrees. Don't expect much from them. If you want better temps, go with a full custom watercooling setup.

Also you won't see those temps under normal conditions. Benching will ramp up temps.

That does sound high...how much paste are you using like a dot not even a grain of rice size? or just bad mount?

Yeah i know custom watercoolers have better temps but they need more mainteinance...

The question it was ¿ how can i have better temps in the older AIO being "worst"?

Different fin density in the rads. Better static pressure in the fans. Again don't expect miracles with AIO coolers.

Different fin density in the rads. Better static pressure in the fans. Again don't expect miracles with AIO coolers.

I don't know if you think 10-15 degrees is a miracle over air...I've seen it man.

For me 10-15 Cº in air makes a difference between an stable overclock and problems!

I consider 50 degrees max in an hour of realbench for an i7 7700k delidded 5ghz really good temps for a 240mm aio :) and its death silent with the nidec gt and 0 pump sound.

That does sound high...how much paste are you using like a dot not even a grain of rice size? or just bad mount?

The thermal compound shouldnt be the problem because When I changed the rad x62 for the water-extreme I did not clean it :) and obtaining better temperatures.

About the mount I did it twice and same temps :S

Anything else change? Ambient temps, the bench you were using, Any BIOS changes?

Nope, in fact I installed again the older in the same moment and voila! Ten degrees less 😂

I think I am returning the x62 but I expected at least the same temps because it was carrying 2 x pwm af14 industrial at 3000 rpm!

Last edited:
Nope, in fact I installed again the older in the same moment and voila! Ten degrees less 😂

I think I am returning the x62 but I expected at least the same temps because it was carrying 2 x pwm af14 industrial at 3000 rpm!
It probably has to do with fin density. My thin 280 rad w/ 30fpi performs quite well for just a 280. Had my 8320E running at 4.5gjz with plenty of headroom.

Air bubbles in the lines or rad maybe. Tilt the computer case left to right, front to back several times while the system is running.

Back