• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would it be Bad if....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

I traded my Phenom II X4 960T for an FX-8120 or sold my chip to get an FX-8120? :confused:

Max 4-core OC on Air

Successfully unlocked 6-core

Max 6-core OC on Air

24/7 6-core OC on Air tested under AION, Allods, Team Fortress 2

2nd 24/7 6-core OC on Air fully tested @ 1.39v Tested with all my games.

You'd would experience a fairly significant performance gain with an overclocked 8120 over a locked and oveclocked 960T but not so much if the 960T is unlocked to an X6. But you would need better cooling with the 8120 to overclock it, like an H100.

Also the 960T is a pretty sought after CPU these days since I believe it's considered better for gaming after OCing and Unlocking than the 8120, so I'd say if you were really set on getting an 8120 to replace it, you'd be better off seeing what the 960T might sell for rather than just trading it.

EDIT: Just saw your thread about having unlocked the 960T, why are you in such a hurry to offload it? Those things are awesome after unlocking them, I'd have one myself if I could ever find the damn things. I'd say stick with the 960T, that's like THE AMD CPU to have among enthusiasts

Last edited:
Some day soon the newer PileDriver cpu should come to replace the current Bulldozer FX processors and I would not spend money for BD when PD is supposed to be better by as much as 5 to 10 percent.

I suppose you guys are right so I might hold on until I by a PD and see how it perform before I let go the 960T. Yes it is a nice CPU and so much you can do with it just think I might need a better cooler to really push it to the limits later on if I wanted to like that H100 cooler.

Back