• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED WoW fps issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qlix

Sort of had a discussion on this already, just want to throw more details out and see if I can get this solved.

2 systems named Mine and Wife

Mine:
i3 2105 (till tomorrow when my 3770k arrives)
Z77 Extreme6
8gig Ripjaw 1600
1TB WD Green partitioned into 2 c: 300g d:630g
2x Asus 560ti DCII 1gb
46" samsung LED @ 1080p resolution 60hz in game

Wife:
C2D E8400
Budget Gigabyte LGA775
6gig mixed brand/speed ram
160GB WD HD thats about 10 years old
1 EVGA GTX275
Asus 19" LCD @ 1366 x 768

I sit idle at 80fps drop to 10 - 15 in 25 man raid combat (all eye candy turned to low, 1x Multisampling DX11)

She sits at 80fps drops to 30 - 35 in 25 man raid combat (all eye candy on Ultra other than view distance and shadows, 8x Multisampling, DX9)

WTF is wrong with my fps? There is no way she should be able to play smoother than I. At this point its not even playable for me.

Your wife's Resolution is allot lower than yours for one thing. Also I have seen other complaints with WOW FPS and I have seen overcloking the CPU doubled the FPS.

In your case I think it's the video card holding you back because your CPU is running at 3.1 GHz, Post back when you get your new CPU and overclock a little just to see maybe to 4.1GHz at stock voltage.

I cant wait to see your results.:popcorn:

Last edited:
There is now a DX11 option, actually... its been there for about 3 years.

So i DLed Geforce Experience from Nvidia and ran it on wow... the damn thing changed all of my settings back to ultra... literally everything... and changed me to Fullscreen rather than windowed.

Even Nvidia thinks i should be higher :p

i7 in @ 4.5 - 4.6ish... when they say WoW is CPU bound... they really freakin mean it

320 fps on Ultra standing around.... 45 in combat. ridiculous!

Glad to see the improvement of overclocking worked, that makes two WoW users that benefit from overclocking here.:)

Back