• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW, i <3 ATI - x850xt pe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phrenetical

Well i finally got a decent price on an x850 series card.

825$ au for a GeCube x850xt pe

I OC'ed her straight away and went from 540/580 - 600/610 in a few hours. On stock cooling.

Here is her first 3dmark05 run, and this was with almost no tweaking to system or windows to help score.

3dmark05 ---- 6831 -----

Heres a pic as well of score + system

For an Air cooled system with that card using only its stock cooling i think thats pretty darn good. :) :)

lol... hell no, ebay is for people who want obsolete crap thats half broken.

im more of the mind set that i want new crap so i can then break it

i got it from this pc shop, i don't know why they are selling them so cheap but.

http://www.custo.com.au/

thanks and cya

Blackmoonmike said:
Maybe its half broken and they couldn't sell it on eBay. :p
lol

COngrats on a nice card and score! Now get a decent cooling on that baby and keep the scores rolling!11111

mikeguava said:
lol

COngrats on a nice card and score! Now get a decent cooling on that baby and keep the scores rolling!11111

What cooling you using on yours, cause im seeing lots of guys get much higher memory clocks on this card then myself.

Though i seem to be beating them on core clocks.

Would like to push the meory further, so any help or advice on cooling it would be appreciated.

cheers.

Getting different cooling will help you a bit - the Zalman VF700-CU would certainly help you to get your GPU temps down as well as part of the memory cooled. Having some ramsinks etc. is something you should look into if you want to seriously overclock...
As far as memory overclocks- it's really just the luck of the draw. Your mem will go a bit higher once the mem gets burned in.

Best way to test your mem is run the benchies and see how far your can clocks both core and mem - test each individually while the other is below your max and take it too the limit - each bench will have different max clocks - it's a fun process pushing the envelop further...

To get max clocks watercooling or better will be a big help - was well as volt mods for mem and gpu to really push into the 700mhz range on the core and 650 and higher on the mem.

ViperJohn a member in this forums would be the person to refer to if you wanted someone to do the mods for you - that is if you are not too keen of potentilly messing your card up... he is actually about to work on my card right now. He did a previous card of mine which was a very average overclocker and pushed it to 717/651 stable clocks with pelted cooling. Too bad the card was killed by the postman...

Also keep in mind that there is a big difference between stable overclocks on bench clocks - e'g I was able to push the mem on my stock card to 650mhz and finished 3DMark05 - but with tons of artifacts. Nothing you'd ever wanna do 24/7

techpowerup.com has great articles on how to do vmods yourself - but it takes a bit of practise with a soldering gun - I did a couple of vmods on lower end cards - but I also had a few mishaps...on my high-end card I only trust him and not myself...

Another thing you can mess around with are your memory timings - use ATItool and test out different timings just like on your system mem - loosening will get you higher mhz - but sometimes also a drop in performance

Last edited:
Back