• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X2 3800+ Manchester, its real!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OC Detective said:
However newer ones yet to be released have a code of CD (same as Toledo) this would indicate that while to date the X2 Manchester has been a true half cache cpu the newer ones with the CD in the code might indeed be cache defective Toledos.
Sounds like the worst of both worlds. OTOH, it might be a good deal for folks who don't OC if these sell for a lower price than the "birthright" Manchesters.

If what you said is true then we have to check the box before we buy it. It reminded me of A64 3000+; there are many kinds.

Yep, this is turning out just as I thought.

I will be saving my money either for 4400+ Toledo or 3700+ SanDiego and some of them new Redlines with new heatspreaders :drool:

Robert said:
If what you said is true then we have to check the box before we buy it. It reminded me of A64 3000+; there are many kinds.
Problem with that approach is according to the amdcompare site although the code might be "CD" for Tray it is still called a BVBOX when sold retail - see example here:

http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADA4200DAA5CD

Very sneaky if it does turn out to be true!

OK, I think the only way to know is by using cpuz then.

But, disable half of the L2 doesn't always mean it is bad for overclock. If cpu cores and 512x2MB L2 are good then that is OK. Maybe it will run a little cooler. Who know.

Last edited:
Back