• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x2 7750 tdp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTrOwow

I was not smart. I have brought myself a x2 7750 extreme ed am2 CPU for a system that i have here, but i have checked it now. And it seems the max tdp of that sh*tty hp mobo (Asus MZN68-LA (Narra2) Rev 2.0
) is max about 89w and the CPU is 95w.

It will be supported or not. The cpu will de down clocked or lowered by the mainboard?

Let me know what happens and what/or the best thing is to do.

Regards,
NiTrOwow

Last edited:
It may work but the bios may downclock it and undervolt it to protect the power circuitry of the motherboard. It probably won't hurt anything to try it but I would not use it for anything taxing.

Can you please post the HP Model Number?
It will either work or won't...and by won't, I mean it will run in C&Q p-state 24/7, or not even POST. Or, it will work perfectly fine.

X2 7750 is an AM2+ CPU...Kuma, Phenom X4 with disabled cores.

Can you please post the HP Model Number?
It will either work or won't...and by won't, I mean it will run in C&Q p-state 24/7, or not even POST. Or, it will work perfectly fine.

X2 7750 is an AM2+ CPU...Kuma, Phenom X4 with disabled cores.

Yup. This is the Hp board btw:

Asus MZN68-LA (Narra2) Rev 2.0

Other stuff:
HP P/N 5188-8534 C81R718-01371

CT:p 8212 oB VM 277
P/N:5188-8534 REV:001

Warning large picture
5476fd.jpg

Btw thanks guys for helping a bit. Never tried to run a higher tdp cpu on a board that doesn't support it so. I know old mainboard (really old ones) that those will just burn because they don't have the security build in to detect it and downclock the cpu etc..

Last edited:
This doesn't really have anything to do with TDP, more about compatibility and the inclusion of your CPU into microcode, so that it is detected and works.

Your HP has an AM2(non +) motherboard, with nForce 430 (GeForce 6150 IGP) that supports up to Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89w version. HP's website states only up to the 5600+ 89w, but the 6000+ I guarantee will also work.

You can't run an AM2+ CPU such as the X2 7750 in that board.

This doesn't really have anything to do with TDP, more about compatibility and the inclusion of your CPU into microcode, so that it is detected and works.

Your HP has an AM2(non +) motherboard, with nForce 430 (GeForce 6150 IGP) that supports up to Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 89w version. HP's website states only up to the 5600+ 89w, but the 6000+ I guarantee will also work.

You can't run an AM2+ CPU such as the X2 7750 in that board.

Alright, thanks for that useful information. And indeed i was not sure exactly how much the max watt was and about the micro code. But you're right i've had this with a old intel board before..

Keep the heads up.

Regards,
NiTrOwow

I bought myself one second hand Athlon 64 x2 5000+ (AD5000OGJ22GI) for this machine now.

TDP is 65W. 89W is the max of the Narra2 board. So this will work of course :)

Last edited:
I bought myself one second hand Athlon 64 x2 5000+ (AD5000OGJ22GI) for this machine now.

TDP is 65W. 89W is the max of the Narra2 board. So this will work of course :)

Did you check to see if the 5000+ is on the CPU support list for the board. The TDP envelope is okay but it still needs to be in the data base of the bios for the board to properly recognize it. My guess is will be fine, however.

Back