• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XBMC issue. Only plays before the movie and stops

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I have XBMC running on W8 on my HTPC. When I try to play a Bluray (or any other DVD for that matter), it doesnt play the movie. I select play DVD and it loads up, gives you a screen that lasts for a shot time (10 seconds) and then goes back to the main XBMC menu. I have played with all the settings, used a different BR and regular DVD all with the same results. How can I get XBMC to play a movie?

Thanks!

mmmmmm.. LIkely the one before that as I got this up and running after Xmas and before New Years. I will try out the new version though.

New version didnt matter.. FW is up to date. Any other suggestions? I suppose I need to figure out how to get WMP on W8....

I will try something else, along with WMP, after I exhaust these options. I would like to use XBMC if possible.

I tried latest and one back. Everything else works fine on it, but I just cant get through chapters or start a movie on it.

Audio Fixes

Easily the number one reported issue with Beta1 was a lack of sound in Windows. This issue was relatively simply resolved by switching from WASAPI to DirectSound as the default output. Users who prefer WASAPI can still easily switch back in System->Audio Output.

This was from the XBMC website in reference to beta 2. Also: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues?milestone=14&state=closed is the list of latest fixes. One for BluRay was 12 days ago.

What kernal are you using? Just a thought, they may be utilizing a different kernal than you ??? :confused:

Kernal? Its windows 8 so Im not sure what you are asking (I only heard of kernel upgrades to Linux).

Under settings, playback options, video - have you tried to switch the setting for DXVA2? With playback issues typically its related to hardware acceleration misbehaving in my experience. If its enabled, disable, if its disabled, enable. I've also experienced better results at times by changing the playback option on that screen from auto detect to manually set.

I'm still on a 12.0 version from Oct 1st nightly build. I typically update to the latest nightly a few times a year.

Some newer nightly builds or beta releases may also be worth trying since you are on W8 and fixes are likely quickly releasing for it.

I am on W7 with my XBMC install however, not W8.

WAY late update... still doesnt work.. tried all things above.

Moved to W7, off the iGPU to discrete GPU, same issue.

Wondering now if my BR player is the problem though it plays everything else with no issues.

In Europe newer Blu Rays have Copy protection and refuse to work, unless you use a Digital output on your video card, preferably HDMI. Not sure if that applies to audio also.

Just checking.

Back