• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox 360 HD-DVD player + King Kong $159 at CC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bal`thzar

Circuit city has the 360 HD dvd player at $20 off for a price of $159 which isn't too bad if you want one.

DVD Linky

they also have some other decent internet deals today

I heard recently that HD DVD may be on its last leg, but it's hard to tell because the BluRay camp is always spreading rumors to that effect. Apparently one of the large movie companies to back HD DVD are signing with BluRay (?). If it's true and no one else signs with HD DVD, the end may be near.

After I bought all those ****ing HD DVDs over the Christmas season... they better not!

Time Warner just went exclusive Blu Ray, and Universal's contract has ended with HD DVD. If Universal goes with Blu Ray, that will pretty much solidify Blu ray as the winner. Also, I'm not sure if it matter's that much, but Warner owns HBO, so all the hit HBO shows will be Blu Ray only.

I heard recently that HD DVD may be on its last leg, but it's hard to tell because the BluRay camp is always spreading rumors to that effect. Apparently one of the large movie companies to back HD DVD are signing with BluRay (?). If it's true and no one else signs with HD DVD, the end may be near.

After I bought all those ****ing HD DVDs over the Christmas season... they better not!

Doesn't it suck that a cartel - the handful of major picture studios - are essentially dictating to consumers what to buy? I wish all of them would just go dual format and support both Blu-ray and HD-DVD, and then we could let the consumers decide.

Anyway, now that Toshiba has lowered the price on their entry level standalone player to $149, the 360 add-on for $159 isn't so hot. Even if you have a 360, you're better off with the standalone.

Back