• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xfx 6950 black edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alixalman

Registered
Greetings

My 2 year old xfx 6950 black edition with shaders unlocked (not using 6970 bios)
all of a sudden one day didnot give me any display. The motherboard showed boot and vga light..
i tried my card on a friends pc it worked. but game was lagging, the game was dota 2. which usually gave 100+ fps on full settings was spiking..
after that i put the card back in my pc, on a different pci slot and voila it gave the display but the problem with low fps and spikes was still there.
previously the game ran smooth and it all happened all of a sudden.
i dont know what to do. i ran furmark bench and temp was highet 86c for the 15 min 1080p test.
im in no position to buy a new card atm. so i must fix this problem. i need your help regarding this. i have tried installing latest drivers and even the beta ones using driver sweeper
my specs are

i7 2600k processor
asus sabertooth p67 motherboard
coolermaster silent pro 600w psu
8gb corsair vengeance ram

Last edited:
Try running a benchmark like Heaven or 3DMark and see how it behaves. You could try flashing a different BIOS on the card if all else fails.

bench marks are giving bad results. but there are no artifacts or heat up issues

It sounds like the card isn't going into 3D mode so the clocks aren't increasing as they should. Run a couple of different GPU benchmarks and GPUz at the same time, and see what GPUz says the current clock speeds are. Also check the GPU utilization (load %).

Back