• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 7900 GTX Extreme Edition Benchmarks & Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Although XFX offer that nice 7900GTX XXX Ed. OC, I went with my better judgement and steered away from XFX. I have heard far too many horror stories as of late about that company. I went with the tried and tested BFG 7900 GTXOC.

I guess we will know soon enough if the company has turned around with the new 7900 cards.

I think I'll go with the BFG as well, their 7900gt is a similar price.
Thanks for saving me some pain and suffering :thup: Would have been incredably ****ed off if I had gotten it in and seen this problem

Last edited:
Seven7Thirty30 said:
A friend of mine bought a 7800GT from XFX and it had the EXACT same video corruption as in the picture above/below. He RMA'd it too.
What a joke..... $300 and they dont even test the cards?

Bought the XFX 520mhz version on Friday, should be here tomorrow, so its too late to cancel, with any luck the card'll be fine. I've had a pretty good experience with my XFX 6800 though.

Joeteck said:
Hmmm... My buddy has a stock 3700+ with a 256MB 7800GTX with a higher 3DM06 score. I'll get that score ASAP.

yeah who knows about the scores the card was defective.

think x1900xt is doing just as good if not better . we need more comparisons .those scores seem a bit low to me .maybe 03 scores are a bit better from what i read so far ,06 seems equally with both 7900 gtx and 1900xtx. though the best way to compair would be if some one had both cards ,and did some tests .

Back