• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX GF8200 (MI-A78S-8209)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Entai

Hi, I will really apreciate if you tell me how to configure the bios to put a little OC, not much, just a little :p

My PC

AMD Athlon64x2 7750BE (AD775ZWCGHBOX Kuma)
XFX GF8200 (MI-A78S-8209)
OCZ DDR2 2GB (2x1GB) 1066mhz Reaper HPC Edition (OCZ2RPR10662GK)
MAXTOR DiamondMax-22 (500Gb - SAta2 - 32Mb Buffer)

To be added: XFX Gerforce 9800GT 512Mb DDR3

I am a NOOB in OC, so please, make it simple :)

The best way to get a little OC out of any chip is simply increase the clock speed.

First off get CoreTemp so you can monitor your CPU temps. You want to keep it at 55°C or less under load. To load your CPU get OCCT or Prime95 - either will do a great job loading and stressing the CPU to make sure it's stable after you OC. You should go into BIOS and set all the voltages and RAM timings off of Auto - but just use the stock settings for now. The 7750's CPU/NB voltage is less than shown but I don't have that information. Stick with 1.20v, that's safe.
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=6070820&postcount=6

Take it from there and see how it goes - then post back with results ... :)

Little OC = OK!

ok, i put a little oc, now I want MORE! :p

Questions:

I want to get to 3.0Ghz!
? 200mhz x 15multi? cpu v?
? 207mhz x 14.5multi? cpu v?

The HT speed is set to 1.8Ghz, If I "pump it" to 2Ghz or more, what gain?
I put it to 2.6Ghz and the screen flickers, but work :p XD

the memory is now on 1066 but single channel :( the mobo XFX GF8200 (MI-S78N-8209 or something like that), it take the memory on 667 from default (Dual Channel), but when I get to 1066 (5-5-5-15) show only Single Channel on GPU-Z ...

:D

I AM LEARNING :D

Every chip and every board are different and the components are all inter-related so you have to balance them. There's no recipe for making an OC, you have to experiment to find what works for your set-up.

You'll need OCCT to test for stability and loaded core temperature:
http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/index.php

I'd put the CPU at 14x, raise the vCore to 1.35, drop the RAM back to 800, drop the HT Link down to 5x, set the NB-CPU voltage to 1.25, drop the NB down to 8x, then start raising the clock. Keep a VERY VERY close watch on your CPU temps under load running OCCT and using CoreTemp. If you start going over 55°C then you're pushing it too much ...

Back