• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2100 (Brown Vs. Green) is there a difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sethticlees

Registered
What’s the difference between a XP 2100 on a brown colored circuit board vs. XP 2100 on a green circuit board?

I ordered these from Newegg.com in two separate orders. They should all be identical XP2100 Thoroughbred processors.

Here’s the serial #’s… tell me should I be concerned? :(

XP 2100 - Brown circuit board
AXDA2100DUT3C 9768607250025
AIUHB 0302MPMW @@ 1999 AMD

XP 2100 – Green circuit board
AXDA2100DUT3C 4154917270569
AIUHB 0301MPM @@ 1999 AMD

The green one's are harder to unlock but other then that just the color is all I know of.

If you paste the data you supplied into the Athlon processor identifier that is mentioned on the overclockers.com start page you will see that the "brown" one is a downgraded 2500+ and the "green" one is a downgraded 2700+. Therefore i would go with the "green" one, but thats just my 5$.....

Best Regards / Mathias

QUOTE]Originally posted by Chefen
Athlon processor identifier that is mentioned on the overclockers.com start page.
[/QUOTE]

I'm I retarded? I can't seem to find it.

Can somebody help a brother out and post a link to this Athlon processor identifier?

He's not talking about the CPU database, is he?

Thanks

correct but no multiplier higher then 12.5 on some right so you still have to unlock them right?

all 2100 pally are different to unlock, i had to bridge all the L1's(i think i forget which ones now) and also connect two pins on the bottom of the proc. All the palomino 2100's must be unlocked that way regardless of colour.

All Tbreds are unlocked it is dependant on your mobo and bios (not the cpu) whether it recognises the higher multis when the 8x bit is set to high.

Only pally 2100+s are harder to uunlock because of changes in the packaging, both brown and green.

T-bred A/Bs, both brown and green are unlocked up to 12.5x on older mobos, fully on the new ones. Tbreds with multis above 12.5x are unlocked fully above 12.5x, but not below, on older mobos.

Wow you gotta love that site...ole zonebg seezzz my 2100 is a downgraded 2800+ Put a smile on a dreary day here in H-Town, that is for sure...:D

Back