• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2200+ Custom Set Up Advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Xtreme Barton said:
to the volcano suggestion i disagree !!

vovano's are no near the "top of the line" but they are still great coolers..

if being the best of everything ..alomost 85% of members would fail...

not always the "best" is the answer, let alone the solution..
For the cost of the Volcrappo 12 you could have a silent Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu that has much better performance.

ThermalTake knows about as much about cooling as Yugo knew about making cars. They suck ***, end of discussion.

not trying to start a war but i disagree..
not saying vocano has been the bst but definetly not horrible ..

by the way wha are current prices as of now ??

i very well couldnt be off but .. what is the difference in cost, comapared to perfomance .. and not using each's test ..

Xtreme Barton said:
not trying to start a war but i disagree..
not saying vocano has been the bst but definetly not horrible ..

by the way wha are current prices as of now ??

i very well couldnt be off but .. what is the difference in cost, comapared to perfomance .. and not using each's test ..
Volcrappo 12 Extremely Bad Edition $31.99

Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu $34.99

For the massive three buck premium you have temperatures 10-20C lower than the volcano. Dig around for reviews yourself, I'm going to bed. :p

for a 10 - 20 c and not f drop i will have to look around .. but maybe you already have them on hand .. i would love to look at some reviews .. im ready to order now !!

Oh I"mgoing forthe Zalman if I go in that direction.

Hey Tekkoid there's been some speculaton on whether or not type B's are able to hit 2.7 in some other forums. I don't want to believe them but please identify your cpu for me.

http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/Hidden_Stuff/GCPUID-Debug2.zip

That's a program you can use (although it looks like the same as CPU-Z).

Anyways I've decided to just move away from stepping up the XP and towards the A64 3200+ winchester instead. Want to hit hte next generation CPU performance speeds. :)

And good watercooling (aside from the King WIN) is what I"m research now.
But thanks for everything!

baberpervez said:
Oh I"mgoing forthe Zalman if I go in that direction.

Hey Tekkoid there's been some speculaton on whether or not type B's are able to hit 2.7 in some other forums. I don't want to believe them but please identify your cpu for me.

http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/Hidden_Stuff/GCPUID-Debug2.zip

That's a program you can use (although it looks like the same as CPU-Z).

Anyways I've decided to just move away from stepping up the XP and towards the A64 3200+ winchester instead. Want to hit hte next generation CPU performance speeds. :)

And good watercooling (aside from the King WIN) is what I"m research now.
But thanks for everything!
I just sold the 2100+ for $215 today, sorry bro.

Winchester is excellent, I however am waiting for dual core. ;)

Okay I can't seem to find the Epox board at good prices.

How about your Abit NF7-S v2.0 board? Do you think I can get just as good overclock with it or no? Or am I making a mistake buying that?

<--- hoping for a quick response because he fried his ASRock motherboard and needs a new one pronto.

baberpervez said:
Okay I can't seem to find the Epox board at good prices.

How about your Abit NF7-S v2.0 board? Do you think I can get just as good overclock with it or no? Or am I making a mistake buying that?

<--- hoping for a quick response because he fried his ASRock motherboard and needs a new one pronto.

Get the NF7-S v2.0 you won't be disappointed. Get exotic cooling at www.bigfootcomputers.com

Yeah definitely go with the NF7-S baberpervez it is superb. :)

Don't freak out when you get it, moving from ASRock to Abit is like moving from a Kia to a Bentley. :D

Kia to Bentley!

bahahahah!

Okay despite the good mood I'm rather worried.
I don't know what happened actually to my board and I"m thinking it just might be the CPU instead!

Here's what I did to wreck the system, I installed RAM in the DIMM slots backwards! (Yes I know, idiot!) The System turned on fine but automatically shutoff roughly 5 seconds later. Then, upon switching the RAM into teh proper direction and turning back on nothing would appear on the monitor. In fact the reset button wouldn't even work (whereas a light would blink upon pressing it usually). That made me assume that the board is fried. (maybe the memory dimms?).

I'm actually confused now because I repeated the "ignorant' Procedure again (installing the RAM background) and it automatically shut off again. Meaning the board is reading the RAM (although malfunctioning)... making me rethink whether it's the board or the processor that's fried.

What in the world happened? Anyone know? I've already got THE motherboard coming in so it will just be shame finding out that it's the processor rather than the board!

HELP!!

baberpervez said:
Kia to Bentley!
What in the world happened? Anyone know? I've already got THE motherboard coming in so it will just be shame finding out that it's the processor rather than the board!

HELP!!

I didn't think it was possible, without using GREAT force, to install ram backwards on a modern motherboard. The bottom edge of the ram stick has a little slot that aligns with a little "nib' in the DIMM slot. The fact that it begins reading the ram before shutting down makes me think the ram was seated correctly. I didn't see where you specified what PSU you were using after ditching that gold no-name from eBay. I would try another PSU, or consult the stckies in the Hardware/cases and PSU section for how to test your PSU. I am without a PC (Typing from work pc) due to my components being fried by a cheapo PSU that came with a $40.00 case. Good luck man!

Back