• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp Freezeing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

ok well heres the deal today my comp is going all wierd the problims are

#1 way more pop up than normal
#2 cant close internet explorer windows unles u CRL+ALT+DEL
#3when i get to the windows update screen were it sais windows is plz say yes to all security warnings (it goes no farther and it sais done on the bottem it just doesnt go to the scan for updates part) there is no internet trafic it seems to be done

i have scaned my comp with spybot S&D
Norten 2004 (updated), and im using this allin one pop up blocker but im goign to get rid of it and get a dif one it seems to be freezing or somthing ok its gone pc still doing all the same things

help!!!!!!!!

o and my cpu is for some wierd reson using 100% all the time (im not folding or doing any thing and it stays at 100% cpu usage (shows me when i CTL+ALT+DEL

ok well now for some reson i can close internet explorer windows and no more pop ups but still freezes on win updates and the cpu usage is at 100% all the time STILL

ok it seems that the cpu usage only stays at 100% when i have a internet exploaer window open

how can this be i mean the page is done loading and my norten is working and has done a full scan (and its up to date)

the only things i dont know what they are in ym processes:
SoundMan.exe
jusched.exe
assspk.exe
directcd.exe
(those are all under my name)

these i dont know what they are but are under SYTEM so im thining i need them.

nvsvc32.exe
NAVAPSVC.EXE
CCEVTMGR.EXE
(4) svchost.exe (2under sytem 1 uner local service and 1 under network service)
isass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe

any of these look bad
if i wana get rifd of some how do i (so they dont come on evry time i reboot)

No. You want a high usage percent in system idle process :p. There was a problem that I had, where my System process was eatting up my cpu. Its a common problem it seems, but has many different causes. One such thing, could be a connected usb device that isnt currently powered. Another could be a virus, or any number of various things. I was completely overwhelmed by the immensity of solutions that didnt work for me, and eventually wound up formatting and reinstalling my O/S. Sorry that I cant help in solving it other than that, but the problem is mostly pointed out now, unless it could be some other culprit. Dont take this as a exact solution, but its what I think it is.

Midnight Dream said:
No. You want a high usage percent in system idle process :p.

my mistake :p.

BEFORE you format try everything, try virus scanning, scan for adware, all that good stuff. Anyways, it would seem difficult to pinpoint what exactly is causing that.

iexplorer.exe (internet exploerer is taking up like 98 % of the cpu

o and its back to no letting me close internet explorer windows

man i dont get this (its not my pc its a frends im only here for like 5hr's more then i have to go guys i need help)

all usb's are connected and good

Other than what I suggested in my previous post, I really don't know what else to tell you man, sorry :-/.

If you haven't given Ad-Aware 6 a try, I strongly suggest you do.

wel ad aware got 13 things but non fixed my problims so im still having 100% cpu load i cant close internet explorer windows but i have no pop ups
and windows update still freezes WTF is going on here dont think it breaks forums rules)

o i have one on my maxPC disk thank you maxPc ok ill try that i wont reply for a week cuz thats when i get my hands on that pc again

(500 posts when do i get 5 stars??)
dang san i wish i haddent forgot my old profile pass i would have been right up ther with you

Back