• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X's New Chip: E6700 L624A613

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ahahah, this isn't stock voltage ;). This is maximum voltage set in BIOS, 1.7000 - 1.65 (actual). Temps were 56c idle and 65c load doing superpi 1m ;).

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Ahahah, this isn't stock voltage ;). This is maximum voltage set in BIOS, 1.7000 - 1.65 (actual). Temps were 56c idle and 65c load doing superpi 1m ;).
Oh, the cpu-z screenie shows voltage @1.213. Either way it's still an amazing overclock.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Finally someone with some bawls on aircooling. :drool:

Close call this morning. I had my rig on a 4 1/2 foot shelf right next to my window (So I can have a huge boxfan blow air onto the motherboard). I had 0 slack on my headphones (when I was wearing them), I turned around and it pulled my ENTIRE setup on the ground :eek:!!!!!!!! It was a 4 1/2 foot drop and EVERYTHING fell. I was afraid my rig was done for because the PSU fell with it. Amazingly, my rig still runs perfectly :eek:..... I'm glad my computer = spared :eek:

Damn brother lay off the booze, you got to be drunk to let something like that to happen!!! :beer: True overclocker, (puts computer in window for better temps :eek:) Glad to hear it's ok though. I can't seem to get my chip to run a 32M superpi any higher than 3GHz, i keep getting a "Not Exact in round" error! What do you think a safe vcore is for this setup? My temps are really good, @3GHz 32°c idle and about 40°c load. When i tried running a 1M test @3.3GHz my time actually got worse.

If it's a retail chip, these things can handle 60s / 70s on load. Since SuperPI dosn't load your CPU hardly, I was able to really push the volts. Have you tried babying your memory when you do over 3ghz?

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
If it's a retail chip, these things can handle 60s / 70s on load. Since SuperPI dosn't load your CPU hardly, I was able to really push the volts. Have you tried babying your memory when you do over 3ghz?
Yeah it's retail, what do you mean baby my memory, loose timings?

EDIT: i just realized your only 17 years old, scratch the drunk comment.... I have a 17 year old daughter!!!

I was just being careless and clumsey ;). According to your sig, you have the Teamgroup. Make sure NOT to run a 4:5 divider. This memory LOVES 1:1 :). Basically, try 375 FSB w/ the memory @ DDR750, your CPU will be running @ 3300mhz, which IMO your watercooling should handle. Max the voltages on the memory to 2.4 or 2.45, and keep the timings at 4-4-4-4 just to be safe. This memory WILL NOT BOOT @ 4:5 w/o major tweaking, like secondary latencies etc.

Gotchya, i've been running it 1:1 the whole time so far. Can't seem to get it stable at 3.3GHz but i've only tried 1.5V. I'll try some more with some higher vcore.

Gautam said:
Way to wreck house, reminds me of when I used to beat down the "phase change jerks". :D

Look what I still have on my photobucket :D

Gautam.jpg

It felt good until Epox and Dominick raged my score :(. I will break 13 minutes on aircooling w/ an E6700, you just watch :D.

To do list:

Order a Thermalright Ultra 120
Order a Switech MX159 w/ a beefy 40mm fan.

"Thank you for your order!".

Items ordered:

Swiftech MCX159-CU Chipset Cooler
Scythe INFINITY 5-Heat Pipes CPU Cooler

Can anybody say 4.1Ghz SuperPI 1m / 3850mhz 32m times? :).

Back