• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another, but unique air-in-loop thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contend_Gewz

Hey guys.

First of all, thanks for all the knowledge I've gathered on here. I've noticed that when searching on google, this forum usually comes up with the most helpful answers! :rock:

Anyway,

I have the Cooler Master HAF XB cabinet, hooked up with two radiators. 1 x 240 in the front, and 1 x 120 in the back. The resevoir is an XSPC X2O 750 Dual Bay Reservoir Pump V4, placed in the 5.25 slots.

The loop is as follows:

Resevoir/pump -> GFX -> CPU -> RAD -> RAD - Resevoir.

The issue is, that I have one very large bubble in the loop constantly. It's moving around, depending on how I twist and turn the cabinet, but it usually flows back to loop between the CPU and RAD(Which is the highest point in the loop).

Given the design of the cabinet, the Resevoir is always the lowest point in the loop, hindering the air to reach the resevoir by itself.

I have experienced some performance issues(not bad temps per say).

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can remove the bubble? Turning it upside down etc. has been tried, and has removed some of the air, but I can't have the resevoir open while I do that, for obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance!

your just going to have to flip it over till you can get the bubble out and get every drop ov coolant you can get into it.

I see. But since I'm not able to remove the top screw on the resevoir while I'm flipping it, wouldn't that just make the pump blow the air out in the loop again?

Thanks, btw!

Well, please forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose? If I manage to get the bubble into the resevoir, only to be pumped out in the loop again?

I will check out this T-line! :)

install a "T" in the line above where the bubble likes to sit, put a short peice of tube on the "T" and a plug in the tube after filling it.

Ahhh! Cool! I just checked it out, and seems to be the most feasible way of getting rid of that air! Thanks alot!!

I have seen this problem on bay resevoirs and on xspc res tops.

Check the pic. That is a plastic spoon and its not my pic, but something I found on another forum. I usually just cut some tubing and stick in there and it bleeds the air quick. Dont know if it will work for your pump/res, but its worth a try. Just partially block the inlet to the res/pump.

900x1400px-LL-73747559_2013-01-0513.33.50.jpeg

I have seen this problem on bay resevoirs and on xspc res tops.

Check the pic. That is a plastic spoon and its not my pic, but something I found on another forum. I usually just cut some tubing and stick in there and it bleeds the air quick. Dont know if it will work for your pump/res, but its worth a try. Just partially block the inlet to the res/pump.

900x1400px-LL-73747559_2013-01-0513.33.50.jpeg

That clouding in the reservoir looks like possible residue of plasticize from crap tubing.

Back