• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your steam account has been disabled? wtf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PingSpike said:
LOL. Don't feed the troll guys.

Yeah, just this morning I did a "seach for all posts by user". He had no stars this morning and now has a star with less than 5 hours elapsed. Looks like he's spamming the forums hard.

Sorry about that man. It was early.

Ok. The flame-baiting and discussion of password sniffing stops now. This is not a request, this is a demand. Further flame-baiting or crack-talking will result in bannings.

Think I'm kidding? Try me.

sergeo said:
look at this news . . . **** valve Link removed by S-N
I'm 99% sure that is a phishing attempt! Reported!

DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR LOGIN/PASSWORD

One of the better scams where they actually try to make the address look legitimate.

dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Nade said:
Good catch Dan. Sergo, since you are new here, I'm going to ask you to stop posting such links.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious. New member, thread dig, link, etc... the number of such scams has risen exponentially since last year.... when I was new here there wasn't such crap in the forums.

dan

accounts are vac banned for cheating
accounts are disabled for having pirated valve games installed i belive.

accounts are vac banned for cheating
accounts are disabled for having pirated valve games installed i belive.

are you a bot? or did u just not realize you bumped a 2 year old thread with useless info.

Sorry ...i shall immediately flog myself i know this can never undo the terrible wrong ,i hope this gesture will go some way to you eventually forgiving me for my mistake.::shrug:

wow

welp i see y it wont let me back in now, i paid for games and steam stopped it from me, maaaan i wanna sue steam so baaaaad

Out of the blue, valve disabled my account. WTF?!

OK, it started when my credentials expired from inactivity, & I believe steam disabled my account due to the fact that they won't let me login.
Before you sat that i should retrieve my account info via email, i tried that. They NEVER respond. Its been months since i got an email from valve.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!:cry::bang head

This doesn't make any sense...

I had a friend who was banned from the VAC/Source games because he hacked but his STEAM account sure as hell didn't get disabled.

Even if you were hacking like a madman and messing with custom models you just wouldn't be able to join VAC secured servers, it doesn't mean your entire STEAM account would be disabled at that level.

Something doesn't add up here...

I was disabled for NO apparent reason at all. I was playing some TF2 and I killed the hordeless Headless Horsemen. So I was freaking out cause I had just joined and got him. SO I got off cause I was lagging. So I get back on an hour later and get on TF2. It said I had no connection at all. So I get off steam and then try to get back on and I'm disabled. No skins, no disrespect, no names or bad trades. I did NOTHING. Any help? I also did the what you bought you games with. Hopefully I will get my account that I had spent over $100 back.:(

Disabled accounts really only happens when there is something fishy going on with payments/payment history. There are some other exceptions to that, but they are quite rare.

I was going to ask this in a separate thread but since we already have a steam thread I'll ask here. I'm living with a room mate and we are sharing my desktop as our main gaming computer. We both have separate steam accounts but most of our games do not overlap. Occasionally I like to try his games and he likes to try mine. If valve finds out about this, would it be grounds for banning our accounts?

How would they found out?

Well, one of the games that I play is Metro 2033, which doesn't allow for different save profiles. I wrote a little app a couple days ago that will let you create profile and switch between them (simply by moving saves/configs to a backup folder and vice versa) and I'm thinking of releasing it to a modding or Metro 2033 web site in case there's anyone else in my situation, or if one person wants to play the game at different settings and change between them quickly. The app should work on non-steam games as well. It's useful to me because I am Russian and I want to play in all Russian, my room mate wants to play in English, and my girlfriend (who is not a gamer and would never EVER get a steam account) wants to try it in Russian with English subtitles. Anyway, I'm thinking of putting my name in it but if it's grounds for cancellation of my account...

I was going to ask this in a separate thread but since we already have a steam thread I'll ask here. I'm living with a room mate and we are sharing my desktop as our main gaming computer. We both have separate steam accounts but most of our games do not overlap. Occasionally I like to try his games and he likes to try mine. If valve finds out about this, would it be grounds for banning our accounts?

This was unfortunately how I lost my late brother.

We were sharing an apartment and STEAM accounts, he decided to try out Counter-Strike: Source when it was just released and he seemed to really enjoy it.

I went to work later that day and came home to find him dangling from the light fixture in our living-room with the Valve logo carved into his chest and his fingers removed with a pair of channel locks.

Needless to say Valve takes that sorta thing very seriously.

This was unfortunately how I lost my late brother.

We were sharing an apartment and STEAM accounts, he decided to try out Counter-Strike: Source when it was just released and he seemed to really enjoy it.

I went to work later that day and came home to find him dangling from the light fixture in our living-room with the Valve logo carved into his chest and his fingers removed with a pair of channel locks.

Needless to say Valve takes that sorta thing very seriously.

Oh ****. Do you think they already know? I called 911 and told them about the situation but they didn't seem to take me very seriously. I told them your story but they wouldn't listen! They don't understand that as a guitarist, I need my fingers and would like to keep them as far away as possible from channel locks (whatever those are). I guess when the valve people come I'll just offer to let them carve on my chest and beg? Do you think it would be better if I uninstalled the program I wrote? And visual studio? And my steam account? No, that might make them angry. My room mate's steam account then. What if I bought one of those $100 dollar game packages? Would that appease them?

Valve, if you're reading this, my girlfriend's birthday is tomorrow and I have presents for her and everything. If you're going to put a hit out on me, can you at least wait until Tuesday? I have a chemistry lab then and don't want to go anyway. I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: Who is better, Brinks or ADT? Nd ansr fst!

Edit 2: Thanks for the warning about the dangling. I loosened up the screws in all of the light fixtures in my apartment. Just let them try to dangle me now. You're the best. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Oh ****. Do you think they already know? I called 911 and told them about the situation but they didn't seem to take me very seriously. I told them your story but they wouldn't listen! They don't understand that as a guitarist, I need my fingers and would like to keep them as far away as possible from channel locks (whatever those are). I guess when the valve people come I'll just offer to let them carve on my chest and beg? Do you think it would be better if I uninstalled the program I wrote? And visual studio? And my steam account? No, that might make them angry. My room mate's steam account then. What if I bought one of those $100 dollar game packages? Would that appease them?

Valve, if you're reading this, my girlfriend's birthday is tomorrow and I have presents for her and everything. If you're going to put a hit out on me, can you at least wait until Tuesday? I have a chemistry lab then and don't want to go anyway. I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: Who is better, Brinks or ADT? Nd ansr fst!

Edit 2: Thanks for the warning about the dangling. I loosened up the screws in all of the light fixtures in my apartment. Just let them try to dangle me now. You're the best. Stay safe.

LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back