• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

z68 not detecting ssd or any harddrives for that matter.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

porkchoppie

i7 2600k
mobo Evga z68 FTW Bios A05
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Graphics card - 1 GB - GDDR5
Corsair 16 GB vengence lp ram
intel 320 120gb ssd
intel 320 160gb ssd
WD Caviar Black 1 TBx(2)
windows home premium 64 bit

I've tried everything changing it to raid. I can install windows on 1 driver but after that it won't let me do anything with the other hd. On set up I get the CMOS checksum error. jmicron says driver not found and Marvell drive not found. when I got into windows I see the drives there but when I finishing installing windows they are not under hard disk drives only the drive that I install windows is there the other are not but are found in disk drives in the device manager.

Assuming you have all three drives connected to the Z68 chipset, disable both the Marvell and JMicron controllers in the BIOS if not being used. The Z68 controller should be set to AHCI Mode, unless you were planning on RAIDing the 2 x SSDs. Assuming both SSDs are new, the drive without the OS will need to be partitioned and formatted from within the Disk Management console before you can use it. If you have any drives connected to the Marvell or JMicron controllers, you may need to supply the drivers manually if Windows doesn't support the controllers natively.

Back