• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netbook Gaming (With the intel Chipset)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bump. Made it look better. Please -repost your games that you can play with a template like this:

[Bold tag]Game[Endboldtag]-(netbook)
Info, how does it run

It would be really cool if you kept your opening post updated in that format. Then we'd have a quick, complete list.

So i have tried on mine MSI U100

World of Warcraft 10-25fps

Dungeon Keeper 2 normal play no problems

Anarchy online normal play no problems

Ufo (aftershock,aftermath and afterlight) played better then on my pc thats to there poor coding.

Xcom needed docbox but no sound issues

Warcraft 3 normal play no problems

Dungeons and dragon online had random lag other then that it ran great

cant think of any one else

You should just assume that any game that came out prior to 2004 or so should run fine. I mean that is kind of how computer hardware goes -- a bottom of the barrel computer today has the computing power of a mid end system of 4-5 years ago or a top end system 5-6 years ago.

You should just assume that any game that came out prior to 2004 or so should run fine. I mean that is kind of how computer hardware goes -- a bottom of the barrel computer today has the computing power of a mid end system of 4-5 years ago or a top end system 5-6 years ago.

thats only half true. Most netbook have a res cap that can kill many games.

prior to 2004 not many games went above 1280 x 1024 you hadf most that went 1600 x 1200, but you could still play them at lower res, the main issue i could see is the widescreen as most all games back then were full screen.

i have never heard of a game that wouldnt run at a lower resolution myself.

So i have tried on mine MSI U100

World of Warcraft 10-25fps

Dungeon Keeper 2 normal play no problems

Anarchy online normal play no problems

Ufo (aftershock,aftermath and afterlight) played better then on my pc thats to there poor coding.

Xcom needed docbox but no sound issues

Warcraft 3 normal play no problems

Dungeons and dragon online had random lag other then that it ran great

cant think of any one else

How did you manage to launch UFO Afterlight on MSI U100? :shock:
Every time I'd tried to start the game, I'd received wglChoosePixelFormatARB() failed! error. Moreover, Intel video is officially not supported by this game. Had you used 3d Analyzer or similar soft?
Thanks for your reply!

Back