• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 + 2600k + Frio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That looks pretty nice Emc2.

Well, I have 2600k and 2500k but only one Frio. So, it is sitting on the 2500k currently.
Beside, I don't know why a lot of users don't like the V8. It serves me well on various CPU even at high clocks benching. It also very quiet for 24/7 usage.
I like the Frio too. But, it's a little annoying from hearing its fans whinning even when tuned to the lowest speed. So, I have replaced with a dual PWM Cooler Master fans which is now perfectly sound as can be seen here for 24/7 usage.

Last edited:
So what kinda clocks are you getting with the 2500k?

Great job with everything man, your setup looks amazing, your cpu is absolutely killer man!

2500k at slightly hgiher percentage. They both set to run at 4.7GHz
Though, I just transplant the 2500k into a computer case replacing my i5-750 daily driver.
Pics up later.

A quickie Prime95 20 mins. Temperature is not too bad for a fully enclosed with side panel covered.....I'm gonna hit the sack now. :)

LOAD

IDLE-HALT

Last edited:
Well, this is a great thread for us Gigabyte Z68 owners!

I'll be referencing this quite a bit when I get back home from work and have some time to OC things.... thanks!~

Did you ever check your voltages with anything else? CPU-Z doesn't read properly on my Z68X, and readings in ET6 and HWiNFO are MUCH higher than what I'm setting in the BIOS... like set at 1.46 and shows in HW at 1.572 with the Load Line up high at 8 or 10. Which makes me wonder what is different between yours and mine, and if it's safe to push my voltage some more?

I got into Windows at 54x, but crashed running SuperPi and have had trouble getting any farther.

Did you ever check your voltages with anything else? CPU-Z doesn't read properly on my Z68X, and readings in ET6 and HWiNFO are MUCH higher than what I'm setting in the BIOS... like set at 1.46 and shows in HW at 1.572 with the Load Line up high at 8 or 10. Which makes me wonder what is different between yours and mine, and if it's safe to push my voltage some more?

I got into Windows at 54x, but crashed running SuperPi and have had trouble getting any farther.

Please take time to read through the posts.
Most of the screenshot includes either ET6 or Touchbios for accuracy voltage reading on Giga's Z68 boards.

Be careful on how you use LLC....as voltage spikes a lot....ESPECIALLY when you use light threaded applications.
NO. Don't use too much voltage combined with high level of LLC. Don't want to kill your chip, do you?

I now use the OFFSET setting only. I've found it's a better way for overclocking my Giga Z68 board.

If you would like to do some more reading... this might be helpful.
i5-2500k - Multi LLC - Vcore - Wattage

Please take time to read through the posts.
Most of the screenshot includes either ET6 or Touchbios for accuracy voltage reading on Giga's Z68 boards.

Be careful on how you use LLC....as voltage spikes a lot....ESPECIALLY when you use light threaded applications.
NO. Don't use too much voltage combined with high level of LLC. Don't want to kill your chip, do you?

I now use the OFFSET setting only. I've found it's a better way for overclocking my Giga Z68 board.

If you would like to do some more reading... this might be helpful.
i5-2500k - Multi LLC - Vcore - Wattage

Thank you for your reply. You seem like you might be a little irritated, although perhaps I am misreading your post. You say, "Please take the time to read through the posts," when I inquire about voltage monitoring. This seems to me as if you think I didn't bother and the answer is already in the posts. I have just gone back through this thread 3 more times, and the only time I can see ET6 is in the last two pictures, down in post #24... I'll admit, I did miss those. The rest seem to me to have nothing but CoreTemp and CPU-Z open, as well as whatever benching program you are doing the screencapture for. I did indeed read through the thread, which is why I asked the question. If I misunderstood your response, then please forgive me.

I do see in the thread you linked, there are multiple screencaptures with TouchBios in them. Perhaps this is what you meant, I don't know.

Thank you very much for all your detailed information, though, it does help me quite a bit. I still haven't been able to figure out what "offset" is, as I don't see anything in my BIOS that says that. I'll keep reading... there's so much information to absorb...

Last edited:
I think you are looking at the UD4, which has 4 6GB and 4 3GB SATA connectors. The UD3H here has only 4 6GB and 3 3GB.

I believe the PCI slots are x16 when solo, and x8 & x8 when both used. Although that is more clearly delineated on the UD3H information page than on the UD4.

Thank you for your reply. You seem like you might be a little irritated, although perhaps I am misreading your post. You say, "Please take the time to read through the posts," when I inquire about voltage monitoring. This seems to me as if you think I didn't bother and the answer is already in the posts. I have just gone back through this thread 3 more times, and the only time I can see ET6 is in the last two pictures, down in post #24... I'll admit, I did miss those. The rest seem to me to have nothing but CoreTemp and CPU-Z open, as well as whatever benching program you are doing the screencapture for. I did indeed read through the thread, which is why I asked the question. If I misunderstood your response, then please forgive me.

I do see in the thread you linked, there are multiple screencaptures with TouchBios in them. Perhaps this is what you meant, I don't know.

Thank you very much for all your detailed information, though, it does help me quite a bit. I still haven't been able to figure out what "offset" is, as I don't see anything in my BIOS that says that. I'll keep reading... there's so much information to absorb...

I'm sorry. English is not my native tounge. I probably have a poor choice of words putting together....which I'm unable to explain things very well. That's why most of my post include as much pictures clearly as possible for everyone to see and maybe able to understand.

To use OFFSET:
Set your VCORE to: NORMAL (NORMAL is right below AUTO)
Set DVID right below VCORE (DVID setting appears as soon as you set vcore to NORMAL)
Example: 2500k/2600k probably needs around +.060 for 4.5~4.6GHz and varies by cpu.

Last edited:
I don't know why some of these board manufacturers aren't putting fans on their chipset heat sinks... can't up the cost THAT much..

Putting fans on is overkill for folks who aren't OCing, and they're noisy - especially over time as they wear down, so sucks for your typical customer.

Mobos w/o them *look* prettier in the pics too, which helps drive sales.

I'll put up my settings tomorrow and update to the first post as well.

1-DSC07743-Noctua-D14-5
Noctua D-14 is massive...but doable. No problem clearance with 4 sticks of G.Skill RipjawsX

2-DSC07748-Noctua-D14-3

3-DSC07751-Noctua-D14-2

4-DSC07780-4-Rams

5-DSC07783-Whole_Noctua_D-14-Length

==========
==========
==========
i7-2600K_4700MHz_ENE_16GB_AHCI_IBT
Before starting IBT for 5 loops.....Very High Stress Level.........8 threads

i7-2600K_4700MHz_ENE_16GB_AHCI_IBT_Burn4
IBT progresses...on 4th

i7-2600K_4700MHz_ENE_16GB_AHCI_IBT_Burn5_PASS2
IBT Finished

This is the best setting for my i7-2600K in Dynamic Vcore Mode @ 4720MHz.
AHCI and 16GB Rams (4x4GB).
Do note that your milage may vary by cpu. Yours may need a minor of +/- DVID adjustment.

1-DSC07786-Advance-z
CPU Clock Ratio: 47x
I have no problem whatsoever running at 1006. You can leave yours alone at 1000 or 1002.
Memory set to 1600MHz as spec
Internal Graphic Clock...mine is at 1550.....you can leave yours alone on AUTO.

2-DSC07785_Bios_BCLK_z
ENABLED 4 features which further enhance power savings.

3-DSC07787-Memory-z
Ram settings...then enter Channel A Timing to reveal the next screen below for timings adjustment.

4-DSC07788-Memory-Timings-z
Timings setting is very much as rated except for tRFC= 98 and CMD= 1

5-DSC07789-Voltages_DVID-z
CPU Vcore must set to NORMAL to use Dynamic Vcore adjustment below it.

6-DSC07792-Health-Status-z
I like mine as silent as can be for everyday usage.

7-DSC07795-Advanced-Bios_BOOT-z
Nothing out of an ordinary here....Initial Display First= PCI, Onboard VGA= Always Enable
You can Enable QUICK BOOT for faster Windows loading (mine is Disabled atm).
On-Chip Frame Buffer Size: you can experiment higher memory sharing/usage for IGD

8-DSC07791-Peripherals-z
My hard drive is on AHCI mode. Set yours accordingly.

9-DSC07793-Power_Management
...untouched.

Last edited:
SamSavesMax - thanks for the detailed info. I had a working OC @ 44x, which now refuses to boot. Gets to BIOS splash - but cannot even enter BIOS (reboots).

I either have a bad CPU now or a bad Mobo. But this helps to compare my settings against (we're almost identical - I had lower multiplier & dvid of course).

Lame to lose my system after about 3 weeks operation :(

Back