• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In the OCN thread they talk alot about that squaretrade warranty, and that its worthless. Because the product doesnt belong in this market, they wont honor it. So you basically either never file a claim and they keep your money, or you file a claim, they reject it due to the monitor not being covered, and they return your money.

Im probably going to be picking one up in the next week or two myself, just want to watch a bit longer to see how this develops.

In the OCN thread they talk alot about that squaretrade warranty, and that its worthless. Because the product doesnt belong in this market, they wont honor it. So you basically either never file a claim and they keep your money, or you file a claim, they reject it due to the monitor not being covered, and they return your money.

Ah, thanks for saving me $50. :D

Just a record of my package's journey from South Korea to Los Angeles (all are LA time, so there's no timezone/dateline confusion).
3/13 - 10:56 PM - Purchase monitor from dcsamsungmall.
3/14 - 6:48 PM - Email requesting my phone number. I emailed back by 7:27PM with my phone number and asked for the tracking number. Receive response back by 7:39PM.
3/14 - 10:16 PM - Picked up by FedEx (3/15/2012 2:16 PM in Seoul)
3/15 - 1:24 PM - Arrived in Anchorage, AK. Cleared customs and leaving the facility within 2 hours sat around the facility.
3/16 - 6:14 PM - Leaving Alaska.
3/17 - 12:11 AM - Arrived in Memphis, TN.
3/17 - 2:45 PM - Left Memphis, TN.
3/17 - 6:34 PM - Arrived in Los Angeles, CA.
3/19 - 8:46 AM - Ready for pickup at local facility (more convenient than trying to be home when the truck arrives).

The FedEx tracking says that the arrival date is 3/20, which was was the latest date on the ebay delivery estimate. I am a little disappointed though, cause someone mentioned ordering on 3/11, and supposed to receive in NYC on 3/14, which made me pick dcsamsungmall over green-seller, who double-boxes his shipments.

Last edited:
Yes.. from Green-sum. Expedited shipping so ebay says it should be here Monday????
Did you get a tracking number? Mine's in the destination city, just need to see how long it'll take to go the last 20 miles. :p

Could you also take notes/pics of your packaging? I've heard green-sum packs them very well.

Well I received it today, but the power adapter makes a rattling noise when I shake it. It sounds like there is a loose screw/component inside. Since it is a power adapter, I am wary of trying it till I hear back from the seller...

Its here... sort of. Its at the Post Office.. No idea it was a signature... Grrrrrr. I will have it tomorrow and post some shots of it.

Didnt have a choice... doesnt matter. I dont care about overclocking it, or speakers or... just 27" pure goodness.

Thanks for bringing up those pictures. I am curious if green-sum is still packing them like that.

Here's my packaging from dcsamsungmall:
IMG_2713.jpg

Surprise surprise, the silver arch on the back came pre-broken. No big deal for me, since it's going to be wall mounted anyway. However, the power adapter makes a rattling sound, so I haven't been able to use it yet. :rain: And the price dropped to $366 shipped.

EDIT: Here is an older list of all available monitors and sellers.

EDIT EDIT: I got an email from ebay saying March 22 will be a 5% ebay bucks day for electronics. I never really paid attention to these, but maybe someone will find it helpful?

Last edited:
these and the ipad3 bode well for an extremely high res ips future. Long live lg.

for anyone wondering why these are Korean lg is a Korean company therefore their rebranders usually get new screen tech first. If you don't trust the resellers, the branding, or don't like the looks and features of these units they should make it to the US in future offerings.

Last edited:
Update: I received a new power adapter from dcsamsungmall on 3/22 after contacting them on 3/19. Communication was a little rough (I didn't know I was getting a new adapter in the mail, I thought I was waiting for a response from the adapter's manufacturer), but overall my experience was pleasant with them. Granted, the silver arch is broken, but I really don't care about it (need to remove it to wall-mount it).

My first impression when I did a quick comparison with it side-by-side with my HannsG 28" monitor was 'meh' while looking at a couple random pictures. The HannsG seemed not as warm (more blue tones). However, after using it for an entire day, colors do indeed look more true on the IPS panel vs the TN. Here is one side-by-side comparison that blew me away (it roughly looks like this in person, I think the HannsG might be a little brighter, making parts washed out.)
IMG_3968.jpg

I'll edit this post later with other opinions on it when I have more time; spring break starts in 3, 2, 1... :beer:

Are any of these monitors matte screens? I'm not certain I can deal with a super glossy screen... tho the price is tempting. Looking forward to hearing some impressions from the users who have purchased. I've been temped to splurge on the U3011, but the input lag annoys me a bit.

I picked one of these up too from dream-seller. Ordered on Monday and got it Friday. This monitor is even better than the ultra sharp I've got at work.

Really feel like pulling the trigger on a Catleap, but I'm worried about pairing it with the right graphics card to do it justice. Would an unlocked 6950 be good enough for 2560x1440, or should I be looking at a 580 or 7870?

Just google some reviews of the 6970 and see how it does on the games you like to play. Most good reviews include 2560x1600, just add a few % to that number and decide if its high enough. I suspect a single card will be able to maintain a 30fps average on mostly max settings, but not 60fps.

If you're planning on getting one of these but you're a gamer with competitive impulses... wait. They're going to release a 120Hz version which should be available in the next 2 months. See this thread: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7151357#post7151357

That is the dream I've been waiting for... low lag, no input delay, 2560x1440 wide color gamut, glossy, and any refresh rate up to 120 Hz (or whatever your video can push since it's bottlenecked by the RAMDAC). A GeForce 580 will be limited (hardly a limitation to hit anything above 72 Hz) to 100 Hz when running at full color 2560x1440

Back