• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my first build ok - quick info, buying in less than 24h?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skyFly

Hi,

This is going to be my first build totally from scratch. I want to overclock the CPU to around 4.3 GHZ and to play most current games at maxed or nearly maxed settings on full hd screen. My budget is around 900EUR.

This is what I have came up so far:
Intel Core i5-4690K
Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Tri-X 3.0 GB OC
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3 Kit 1600MHz
NZXT Source 340 Midi-Tower Window
Inter-Tech CP-750W CombatPower
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 Sockel 1150 ATX
Samsung SSD EVO 840 250GB
I already have a couple of hard drives...

Will this satisfy my needs. I am especially interested if the motherboard is good enough for overclocking and if it will play well with the R9 280X (I choose that one since it seemed decent enough and again not too expensive).

Thanks a lot for your input.

Inter Tech PSU? I think not. Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, superflower, EVGA... Pick one.

Everything looks good. ITs a shame the 290 isn't $200 in Europe like it is in the USA you could have a lot more power.
Don't forget the Hyper 212 cooler so you can overclock your CPU. If you don't wan to overclock get a 4570 and an H97 mobo.

Would this PSU be ok Cooler Master GM-Series G650M 650 Watt?
I can upgrade to PowerColor Radeon R9 290 TurboDuo Edition 4.0 GB OC for 50 EUR, but is it really worth it?
I already have a cooler xigmatek LOKI SD963, but will it suffice?

Inter Tech PSU? I think not. Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, superflower, EVGA... Pick one.

Everything looks good. ITs a shame the 290 isn't $200 in Europe like it is in the USA you could have a lot more power.
Don't forget the Hyper 212 cooler so you can overclock your CPU. If you don't wan to overclock get a 4570 and an H97 mobo.

50 Euro for a 290 upgrade. GO FOR IT! 100%.
Please list the store you will be buying from so I can pick a proper PSU for you from there.

As long as that CPU cooler has an 1156/1155/1150 mount it'll be fine yes.

Ok I'll buy PowerColor Radeon R9 290 TurboDuo Edition 4.0 GB OC.

I'll be buying from http://www.computeruniverse.net/ (it's quite cheap and they ship to Slovenia - where I live), you can change the language to english in the top right corner...

50 Euro for a 290 upgrade. GO FOR IT! 100%.
Please list the store you will be buying from so I can pick a proper PSU for you from there.

As long as that CPU cooler has an 1156/1155/1150 mount it'll be fine yes.

Back