• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCIe Dual LAN with link aggregation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

So I will be upgrading my fileserver in about two months and I am looking for a cheap as possible dual LAN 1GB's PCIe LAN card that supports link aggregation.

After looking through a couple of my usual online stores I use I'm not having much luck :(

So any advice and pointers I can get would be great :thup:

EDIT: I am thinking about getting this mobo for the server upgrade: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=2&gid=1089&sgid=1099&pid=1128&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

I have another thread to find out if it has link aggregation. If I find out it does this thread will be solved :)

What operating system are you using? If Linux, this is pretty easy to do.

I will be using Windows server 2008R2.

If wish I had the time to learn Linux asmuch as I want too.

But even when I had time to play around with FreeNAS I could never get link aggregation to work on my current server board. :(

Thats ok Thiddy. If I don't get an answer here I might aswell shoot an email off to Sapphire and see what they say, even if I don't have faith in most customer support people knowing much about their own companys products, lol.

what kind of network adapter is it now?

broadcom, and intel have built in support for ether channel if its a gig adapter i know for sure. you can do round robin, backup / failover or load balance.

Back