• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need advise on switching to intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

domjam

hello people im looking to upgrade .i was orginaly going to change my gpu to an asus7970 top witch is around £400 but as of late iv been told a switch from my current setup to intel would be the better idea but i dont no much about it.what board i need what cpu is good. i have herd that asrock are good boards. i found this one that looks promising http://www.withchips.co.uk/-p-23995.html but i reely am in the dark about this.some help please thanks

What are you looking to do? game? If so the 7970 would most likely be a better upgrade.

^Agreed.
Your CPU is more than capable, and if gaming, going to Intel would give you a... 2% perf upgrade?

im mainly doing it for games but currently i want to be able to run the dolphin emulator. and im told an i52500k is what is needed..plus its alot better then an amd so imtold again.

I like the sig.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

Back